From 7-10 November 2012, more than 1,000 people from around the world will gather in Brasilia for the 15th International Anti-Corruption Conference. Brazil is a particularly interesting setting for the conference. Whilst discussing and debating some of the most pertinent corruption problems and solutions, one of Brazil’s biggest corruption cases in history – the Mensalão [...]
About Deborah HardoonDeborah Hardoon is Senior Research Coordinator at Transparency International.
Last week we released data which found that just over half of the business people we surveyed said that their company has an anti-corruption policy in place. Whilst there is clearly much room for improvement on this result, it is nevertheless encouraging to see that many businesses around the world recognise the importance of the [...]
Last week, on 12 September, three former Hewlett-Packard managers were charged in a corruption investigation over improper payments aimed at winning a 35 million euro (US$45 million) computer sales contract in Russia some nine years ago. The former German Hewlett-Packard subsidiary has been charged with bribery, breach of trust and aiding in tax evasion. But [...]
We ask businesspeople where they lose out to competitors’ corruption. One of the biggest corruption stories in the world this year was the allegation that Walmart paid bribes totalling US$24 million in its Mexican operations. It makes you wonder how many other companies lost out because of those bribes. A new survey gives us some [...]
Deborah Hardoon, Transparency International’s Senior Research Coordinator, explains how the Corruption Perceptions Index measures corruption and how this can be an incentive for tackling it. Since 1995, the Corruption Perceptions Index has scored and ranked countries from all around the world according to perceptions of the extent of corruption in the public sector. The simplicity [...]
As the G20 prepare to meet in Cannes, Transparency International’s new report serves as a timely reminder of some unwarranted consequences of trade and investment and the need for a global effort to stop corruption in all its forms. Deborah Hardoon, Senior Research Coordinator, discusses the global impact of the countries ranked in the 2011 [...]
TI released its progress report on the OECD Anti-Bribery convention this week. Meanwhile, a new survey says that almost 1 in 5 company employees consider it acceptable to pay bribes to win or retain business. Deborah Hardoon, Senior Research Coordinator at TI, considers business responsibility. Milton Friedman’s view that a company’s only social responsibility is [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- The banks of Cyprus and the pursuit of integrity 20 March 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Thenparis.Com: I want to to thank you for this excellent read!! I...
- Business Loans Corruption Currents: From Secret Accounting Codes to Targeting Sports Bribery | Business Loans: [...] fighting corruption. A columnist says the cu...
- vacancestop.com 2 étoiles martinique Archives » vacancestop.com: Je suis une fille de vingt-huit piges tant pis si ...
- sex chat line: Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon yo...
- Netizen Report: Bahraini Blogger Surfaces After Two Years in Hiding - Global Voices Online - Online News Morocco | Online News Morocco: [...] Morocco presented a set of best practices i...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter
Latest news from Transparency International
- Public input sought on gold standard for corporate anti bribery practices
- Talking corruption and climate change in Latin America: live video stream
- La liberté d’expression en péril au Burundi
- Freedom of expression at risk in Burundi
- Bulgaria: Rock bottom election turnout exposes accountability failure of political class