It was definitely coming, even inevitable. The final act began about two weeks ago with a raid on Rosoboronservice, state-owned company under the Russian ministry of defence and ended this week with the dismissal of Russia’s defence minister, one of the top powerful men in the government, presumably as a result of the investigation of the alleged fraud in his ministry. What happened in between illustrates how […]
About Elena PanfilovaElena Panfilova is a Board Member of Transparency International and Director of our Russian chapter.
In Russia we do not always find justice in our courts or when dealing with law enforcement. Despite all the talk of judicial reform and some modest progress, there is a lot of room for improvement. Now the situation has become a subject of debate and scrutiny not only domestically, but also abroad. Increasingly I […]
Today, Transparency International publishes the 2011 Bribe Payers Index. Elena Panfilova, Board Member of Transparency International and Director of our Russian Chapter, talks about Russia’s low score, which puts it in last place, as it was in 2008. Russia finishes last in the Bribe Payers Index this year. Why do you think this is? Russia […]
- Papua New Guinea: fighting for the rule of law 30 July 2014
- Libya’s Top 5 Corruption Scandals 28 July 2014
- Why governance matters for development: critics listen up! 25 July 2014
- Learning to lead the fight against corruption 23 July 2014
- World Cup winners and losers 16 July 2014
- Three steps to (start) recovering stolen assets 12 June 2014
- How the G20 could unmask the corrupt 20 June 2014
- German-Greek arms deal corruption allegations stir renewed debate 6 June 2014
- From CEO to whistleblower 13 June 2014
- Czech construction job: honest official makes sure citizens win 17 June 2014
- Moe Majdoob: So many more scandals that all Libyans are aware o...
- fernando carvalho: Shame on us Brazilians who have allowed such major...
- KALYAN GHOSH: Nice to read about your good experience at TI scho...
- KALYAN GHOSH: You have said that TI is arguing to end corruption...
- javier: This happens in México all the times. So sad....