US transparency activists taking part in a meeting of staff from Transparency International’s legal advice centres have written about the use of technology to fight corruption. This post was originally published in the Sunlight Foundation‘s blog and is authored by Júlia Keseru. Great news for the open government movement: Transparency International, one of the key international [...]
About Guest Author
This article has also appeared in the Korean Times and is authored by Kim Geo-sung, Chair of Transparency International, Korea. In many countries around the world, leaders have the right to pardon individuals. In some hands this is a responsible tool used to right a miscarriage of justice. But it can also be a political act that [...]
This text was originally published in the 15th IACC blog and is authored by Vicki Baxter Amade, GOPAC’s Global Task Force Advisor for the Participation of Society. In November 2012, the Global Organization of Parliamentarians Against Corruption (GOPAC) led its first formal delegation to the IACC, with a panel workshop about the role of parliamentarians and GOPAC speakers [...]
This post is authored by Andrew Clarke, Advocacy Manager at Publish What You Fund, which campaigns for aid transparency – more and better information about aid. Responding to climate change requires massive investment flows. It has been estimated that at least US$ 0.8 trillion will be needed each year for clean energy, transport, energy [...]
This text was crossposted from Transparency Internarional EU’s blog. The author is Neil Clark. On 10 January, advocates from the Transparency International EU Office attended a presentation unveiling the results of Project BOWNET. Carried out with financial support from the Prevention of and Fight against Crime Programme of the European Union, the project aimed at understanding the feasibility of developing an intelligent system able [...]
This text was crossposted from the Open Knowledge Foundation’s blog Open Aid. The author is Claudia Schwegmann. These were the precise words of a senior policy person of a big German NGO when I presented IATI some 18 months ago. In the past, reactions of other NGO representatives have been less drastic but still very clearly [...]
La OEA: ¿Refleja y pone en práctica la integridad que predica a sus estados miembros en sus propias políticas?
La Organización de los Estados Americanos (OEA) es la organización líder a nivel regional para los países del norte, centro y sur de América, así como los del Caribe. Desde sus orígenes, en 1948, ha sido pionera en promover la cooperación en la lucha contra la corrupción, hasta desarrollar el primer instrumento internacional al respecto: [...]
The Organization of American States (OAS) is a leading regional body for the countries of North, Central and South America as well as the Caribbean. Since its founding in 1948, it has been forerunner in the fight against corruption in member states and produced the first international agreement to fight corruption: The Inter-American Convention against [...]
A forthcoming report by Global Financial Integrity finds that Zambia lost US$8.8 billion in illicit financial outflows from 2001-2010
By Pr. Abdelaziz Nouaydi and Saad Filali Meknassi of Transparency Maroc, who give a brief overview of the Arab Convention to Fight Corruption — from who’s in and who’s out, to the types of crimes it seeks to prevent. Fifteen of 22 Arab States have so far ratified or acceded to the United Nations Convention against Corruption [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Can you teach how to fight corruption? 5 April 2013
- omniahefeny: مركز كالتكس لاباده ومكافحه ...
- nike free 5.0 v4: Hi there! I just would like to offer you a huge th...
- Periodico Digital Noticias actualizadas de la Republica Dominicana.: Thanks for the great writeup. Them in truth was ob...
- Saffron X Diet: Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost...
- Christian Louboutin Uk Pushes purchase High heel shoes is exclusive red ft-spun6: I see that you are using Wordpress on your blog, w...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter