To ring in International Women’s Day on 8 March, Transparency International is featuring woman corruption fighters around the world. Thuli Madonsela is one of these women. She speaks in whispering tones and is always immaculately dressed. When she walks into a room and begins speaking, people sit up and listen. Fearless and resolute, this is […]
About Nicky RehbockNicky Rehbock is Web Editor at Corruption Watch. She is also an International Anti-Corruption Conference young Journalist.
Exactly a year ago, in the clinical hall which once housed an infamous women’s prison, South Africa’s Corruption Watch was born. The imposing space was packed to capacity with political heavyweights, anti-apartheid luminaries, journalists and human rights activists who had come to welcome the launch of the first civil society watchdog of its kind in […]
Yesterday in Soweto’s world-famous Regina Mundi church, beneath a stained-glass image of Nelson Mandela, worshippers spoke out against the country’s current crop of leaders – particularly, those who’ve been at the heart of headline-grabbing corruption scandals in recent months. “It’s becoming more corrupt every day … and it’s growing worse,” said Sidney Matlana, a member […]
- Colombia – un gran paso hacia la cultura de la transparencia 24 April 2014
- Colombia: a major step forward towards the culture of transparency 24 April 2014
- Time for action: Lebanese citizens against corruption 22 April 2014
- Fighting for workers’ rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina 16 April 2014
- Anti-corruption street art: lend me your wall 15 April 2014
- Russian money: too big to sanction? 10 March 2014
- Teaching integrity in schools: Lessons from Italy 14 March 2014
- Eu to freeze corrupt assets from Ukraine 5 March 2014
- Germany is ready to sign UNCAC – at last 26 February 2014
- Champion for women’s rights in Pakistan 3 March 2014
- Keith: I would be interested in connecting with anyone wh...
- Phyllis Krone: Cool blog! Is your theme custom made or did you do...
- Edith Cutchin: Thanks for another excellent article. The place e...
- Eleonore Balfour: I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put...
- Davina Branaman: We stumbled over here from a different web page an...