Ukraine’s capital, Kiev, has been racked by protests, the largest since the 2004 Orange Revolution when the country rose up in response to fraudulent presidential elections. Thousands of people have been occupying Kiev’s main square since last November and more recently, government buildings. The varying reports on the reasons for the violence and the range […]
About Oleksii KhmaraOleksii Khmara is president of TORO Creative Union, Transparency International Chapter in Ukraine.
Why is Ukraine incapable of fulfilling the demands of Füle’s List? An analysis of state anticorruption policy
Štefan Füle, European Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighbourhood Policy, paid an official visit to Kyiv on February 7 to discuss one topic: whether Ukraine is ready to sign the EU Association Agreement. After the visit, the European Union did not make a formal statement, but 19 strict demands for Ukraine, also known as the […]
The elections here did not go well. Even the enormous expenses of installing cameras at polling stations didn’t provide transparent voting. Constant problems with connections, lack of experience in using of such systems and the rush in preparation for the elections turned the idea into a new kind of entertainment. Not surprisingly, the independent election […]
- Papua New Guinea: fighting for the rule of law 30 July 2014
- Libya’s Top 5 Corruption Scandals 28 July 2014
- Why governance matters for development: critics listen up! 25 July 2014
- Learning to lead the fight against corruption 23 July 2014
- World Cup winners and losers 16 July 2014
- Three steps to (start) recovering stolen assets 12 June 2014
- How the G20 could unmask the corrupt 20 June 2014
- German-Greek arms deal corruption allegations stir renewed debate 6 June 2014
- From CEO to whistleblower 13 June 2014
- Czech construction job: honest official makes sure citizens win 17 June 2014
- Moe Majdoob: So many more scandals that all Libyans are aware o...
- fernando carvalho: Shame on us Brazilians who have allowed such major...
- KALYAN GHOSH: Nice to read about your good experience at TI scho...
- KALYAN GHOSH: You have said that TI is arguing to end corruption...
- javier: This happens in México all the times. So sad....