Ukraine’s capital, Kiev, has been racked by protests, the largest since the 2004 Orange Revolution when the country rose up in response to fraudulent presidential elections. Thousands of people have been occupying Kiev’s main square since last November and more recently, government buildings. The varying reports on the reasons for the violence and the range […]
About Oleksii KhmaraOleksii Khmara is president of TORO Creative Union, Transparency International Chapter in Ukraine.
Why is Ukraine incapable of fulfilling the demands of Füle’s List? An analysis of state anticorruption policy
Štefan Füle, European Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighbourhood Policy, paid an official visit to Kyiv on February 7 to discuss one topic: whether Ukraine is ready to sign the EU Association Agreement. After the visit, the European Union did not make a formal statement, but 19 strict demands for Ukraine, also known as the […]
The elections here did not go well. Even the enormous expenses of installing cameras at polling stations didn’t provide transparent voting. Constant problems with connections, lack of experience in using of such systems and the rush in preparation for the elections turned the idea into a new kind of entertainment. Not surprisingly, the independent election […]
- Do settlements for corporate financial malfeasance work? 21 August 2014
- Brazil: marching against corruption 20 August 2014
- Beefing up anti-corruption programmes for corporates 13 August 2014
- International Youth Day – corruption fighters in the making 12 August 2014
- Turkey’s first direct presidential election: time for transparency 8 August 2014
- Why governance matters for development: critics listen up! 25 July 2014
- Libya’s Top 5 Corruption Scandals 28 July 2014
- Under fire in Gaza: Anti-corruption activist Marwa Abu Odeh 8 August 2014
- Learning to lead the fight against corruption 23 July 2014
- World Cup winners and losers 16 July 2014
- Felicitas Hackmann: While some people demonstrate and others donate, s...
- AAP’s anti-corruption ideology finds resonance in Transparency International research | DelhiDilse Today: […] Here are 4 reasons : http://bit.ly/1tWxf...
- To end poverty, you have to end corruption | Citizens' Congress for Good Governance ® C2G2: […] Fourth, governance and fighting corrupti...
- Moe Majdoob: So many more scandals that all Libyans are aware o...
- fernando carvalho: Shame on us Brazilians who have allowed such major...