Ukraine’s capital, Kiev, has been racked by protests, the largest since the 2004 Orange Revolution when the country rose up in response to fraudulent presidential elections. Thousands of people have been occupying Kiev’s main square since last November and more recently, government buildings. The varying reports on the reasons for the violence and the range […]
About Oleksii KhmaraOleksii Khmara is president of TORO Creative Union, Transparency International Chapter in Ukraine.
Why is Ukraine incapable of fulfilling the demands of Füle’s List? An analysis of state anticorruption policy
Štefan Füle, European Commissioner for Enlargement and European Neighbourhood Policy, paid an official visit to Kyiv on February 7 to discuss one topic: whether Ukraine is ready to sign the EU Association Agreement. After the visit, the European Union did not make a formal statement, but 19 strict demands for Ukraine, also known as the […]
The elections here did not go well. Even the enormous expenses of installing cameras at polling stations didn’t provide transparent voting. Constant problems with connections, lack of experience in using of such systems and the rush in preparation for the elections turned the idea into a new kind of entertainment. Not surprisingly, the independent election […]
- Women who inspire YOU 7 March 2014
- From the ground up: Palestinian women on the frontlines of anti-corruption 6 March 2014
- 5 reasons South Africa Arms Deal sweeteners turned sour 6 March 2014
- Corruption-busting in Zimbabwe: why being a woman helps 5 March 2014
- Eu to freeze corrupt assets from Ukraine 5 March 2014
- Money up in the air? Corruption in Yemen’s gas sector 13 February 2014
- The Spanish Royal Court and the rule of law 13 January 2014
- Inside Ukraine’s protests 14 February 2014
- Can children lead the fight against corruption? 6 February 2014
- Germany is ready to sign UNCAC – at last 26 February 2014
- Money-laundering in the EU: lessons from the Ukraine? | Transparency International EU Office: […] the cases of Egypt’s Mubarak, Tuni...
- mdf: Good luck with all that, they will be siiting in a...
- online games: Recommeneded websites [...]Here are few of the si...
- hv¥tels a: Appreciate what we include, that is what my very o...
- the facts: Who come taxes of your countries http://www.parti...