What does the future hold for the fight against corruption? Recently, three books have been written seeking to answer this question, helping to plot the course of the anti-corruption movement for the years to come. Laurence Cockcroft: Global Corruption: Money, Power, and Ethics in the Modern World One of the co-founders of Transparency International, Laurence […]
About Sofia WickbergSofia Wickberg was previously Knowledge and Policy Officer for Transparency International's Anti-Corruption Helpdesk and is now a PhD student.
The international community is far less tolerant of corruption than it was only 20 years ago. There is a growing outrage from civil society and research has increasingly demonstrated the negative effects of corruption on political stability, economic growth and poverty alleviation. One could say that anti-corruption is “hip”. This trend is also reflected in […]
After four months of denial, Jérôme Cahuzac, former Minister of Budget, finally admitted he had a Swiss bank account in his name, transferred to Singapore in 2009, containing close to €600,000. He has now been placed under investigation over alleged laundering of tax-fraud money. This scandal – which is shaking the French political class and […]
“Our country is a good student when it comes to passing laws. What is missing is their implementation because of the lack of political will” says Daniel Lebègue, chair of Transparence France. One of the world’s biggest exporters, France is not doing nearly enough to fight and prevent foreign bribery, say the OECD’s and Transparency […]
Only about two weeks after Nicolas Sarkozy lost his presidential immunity, police searched his home and office to look for evidence to support allegations of illicit political financing, in the context of the famous “Bettencourt case”, one of the many “affaires” to shake French political life. What matters is not the few instances of misconduct […]
- Football on trial 24 November 2015
- Bulgarian politics: how to ensure a referendum fails 23 November 2015
- Why good governance in football associations matters 18 November 2015
- The first step toward creating Slovenia’s legislative footprint 16 November 2015
- Anti-corruption reform in Ukraine: going round in circles 16 November 2015
- Civil society’s role in the fight against corruption 6 November 2015
- New milestone in fight against global corruption 28 September 2015
- Practicing open data: publishing court decisions in Germany 28 September 2015
- Asset recovery: where are we now? 30 October 2015
- After peaceful elections Ivory Coast must build on its commitments to fight corruption 29 October 2015
- Gary Mortimer: Of course civil society has an important role to p...
- SAMI CHERIF: http://tunisie-telegraph.com/2015/11/10/%D8%AD%D8%...
- JB Smith: The United States has its share of corruption. Vi...
- Civil society’s role in the fight against corruption | Anti Corruption Digest: […] Source: blog.transparency.org […]...
- Asset recovery: where are we now? | Anti Corruption Digest: […] Source: blog.transparency.org […]...
Latest news from Transparency International
- How transparent are telecommunications companies?
- Football Associations: One more reason FIFA needs independent reform
- Time to get serious about cleaning up lobbying!
- José Ugaz de Transparency International presenta el concurso Desenmascarar a los Corruptos
- Transparency International Chair José Ugaz launches Unmask the Corrupt contest