Imagine having to pay a bribe in order to register your marriage, get a passport, report a crime or even to claim on your medical insurance. These are just a few examples taken from over 20,000 stories shared online on the Indian website, ipaidabribe.com. Similar stories of petty bribery can be heard in Greece, Zimbabwe […]
About Sophia ColesSophia Coles is intern in the Conventions team at Transparency International.
Stories of bribery and its impact around the world, from Greece to Mexico. 39 countries are signed up to the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention, meaning that they have agreed to investigate and prosecute businesses that use corrupt practices when conducting business abroad. We will publish a new report on Thursday showing a rise in prosecutions by […]
- Do settlements for corporate financial malfeasance work? 21 August 2014
- Brazil: marching against corruption 20 August 2014
- Beefing up anti-corruption programmes for corporates 13 August 2014
- International Youth Day – corruption fighters in the making 12 August 2014
- Turkey’s first direct presidential election: time for transparency 8 August 2014
- Why governance matters for development: critics listen up! 25 July 2014
- Libya’s Top 5 Corruption Scandals 28 July 2014
- Under fire in Gaza: Anti-corruption activist Marwa Abu Odeh 8 August 2014
- Learning to lead the fight against corruption 23 July 2014
- World Cup winners and losers 16 July 2014
- Felicitas Hackmann: While some people demonstrate and others donate, s...
- AAP’s anti-corruption ideology finds resonance in Transparency International research | DelhiDilse Today: […] Here are 4 reasons : http://bit.ly/1tWxf...
- To end poverty, you have to end corruption | Citizens' Congress for Good Governance ® C2G2: […] Fourth, governance and fighting corrupti...
- Moe Majdoob: So many more scandals that all Libyans are aware o...
- fernando carvalho: Shame on us Brazilians who have allowed such major...