Recently Nicolás Maduro, President of Venezuela, announced he would request decree powers to “vaccinate Venezuela’s democracy and public sector” against corruption. The government’s initiative to address this issue is crucial, but increasing the executive’s power will not eradicate corruption. If the presidency aims to succeed in the fight against corruption, it should foster transparency at […]
The Organization of American States (OAS) is a leading regional body for the countries of North, Central and South America as well as the Caribbean. Since its founding in 1948, it has been forerunner in the fight against corruption in member states and produced the first international agreement to fight corruption: The Inter-American Convention against […]
Marta Erquicia is a Senior Programme Coordinator for the Americas at Transparency International. In 1996, countries across the Americas joined forces to establish the Inter-American Convention against Corruption in response to a string of high level corruption scandals that hit the region. It was the first time globally that states agreed on having a joint […]
- 5 women who inspire YOU 7 March 2014
- From the ground up: Palestinian women on the frontlines of anti-corruption 6 March 2014
- 5 reasons South Africa Arms Deal sweeteners turned sour 6 March 2014
- Corruption-busting in Zimbabwe: why being a woman helps 5 March 2014
- Eu to freeze corrupt assets from Ukraine 5 March 2014
- Money up in the air? Corruption in Yemen’s gas sector 13 February 2014
- The Spanish Royal Court and the rule of law 13 January 2014
- Inside Ukraine’s protests 14 February 2014
- Can children lead the fight against corruption? 6 February 2014
- Germany is ready to sign UNCAC – at last 26 February 2014
- Mehr…: Hi, I think that I saw you visited my site thus I ...
- Money-laundering in the EU: lessons from the Ukraine? | Transparency International EU Office: […] the cases of Egypt’s Mubarak, Tuni...
- mdf: Good luck with all that, they will be siiting in a...
- online games: Recommeneded websites [...]Here are few of the si...
- hv¥tels a: Appreciate what we include, that is what my very o...