Recently Nicolás Maduro, President of Venezuela, announced he would request decree powers to “vaccinate Venezuela’s democracy and public sector” against corruption. The government’s initiative to address this issue is crucial, but increasing the executive’s power will not eradicate corruption. If the presidency aims to succeed in the fight against corruption, it should foster transparency at […]
The Organization of American States (OAS) is a leading regional body for the countries of North, Central and South America as well as the Caribbean. Since its founding in 1948, it has been forerunner in the fight against corruption in member states and produced the first international agreement to fight corruption: The Inter-American Convention against […]
Marta Erquicia is a Senior Programme Coordinator for the Americas at Transparency International. In 1996, countries across the Americas joined forces to establish the Inter-American Convention against Corruption in response to a string of high level corruption scandals that hit the region. It was the first time globally that states agreed on having a joint […]
- Vietnam: young people debate business integrity 1 October 2014
- Judiciary the weakest link in Cambodia’s Integrity System 29 September 2014
- G20 whistleblowing laws – are they hitting or missing the mark? A lesson from Australia 22 September 2014
- Anti-corruption compliance in Russia: a way forward 19 September 2014
- FIFA: how to win back trust 19 September 2014
- G20 Meets to Act on Corporate Taxes – But More Needed on Corruption 18 September 2014
- Piketty: Diagnosing inequality and prescribing a dose of anti-corruption 25 August 2014
- Under fire in Gaza: Anti-corruption activist Marwa Abu Odeh 8 August 2014
- Philippines: Stories from the fight against corruption 12 September 2014
- International Youth Day – corruption fighters in the making 12 August 2014
- “No Impunity” Needs to be the Rule for Corrupt Politicians and Corporations | Frank Vogl: […] of this article appeared on the website ...
- frank williams: Girlks, what you doing is great but do NOT under a...
- Miriam Ramirez MD: CORPORATE GREED is also the reason for the sad fi...
- Wakeup Frank: 96% of YOUR Organizations funding is from Governme...
- Philippines: Stories from the Fight Against Corruption | Transparency International-Philippines: […] Transparency International by Samantha [...