Recently Nicolás Maduro, President of Venezuela, announced he would request decree powers to “vaccinate Venezuela’s democracy and public sector” against corruption. The government’s initiative to address this issue is crucial, but increasing the executive’s power will not eradicate corruption. If the presidency aims to succeed in the fight against corruption, it should foster transparency at […]
The Organization of American States (OAS) is a leading regional body for the countries of North, Central and South America as well as the Caribbean. Since its founding in 1948, it has been forerunner in the fight against corruption in member states and produced the first international agreement to fight corruption: The Inter-American Convention against […]
Marta Erquicia is a Senior Programme Coordinator for the Americas at Transparency International. In 1996, countries across the Americas joined forces to establish the Inter-American Convention against Corruption in response to a string of high level corruption scandals that hit the region. It was the first time globally that states agreed on having a joint […]
- Papua New Guinea: fighting for the rule of law 30 July 2014
- Libya’s Top 5 Corruption Scandals 28 July 2014
- Why governance matters for development: critics listen up! 25 July 2014
- Learning to lead the fight against corruption 23 July 2014
- World Cup winners and losers 16 July 2014
- Three steps to (start) recovering stolen assets 12 June 2014
- How the G20 could unmask the corrupt 20 June 2014
- German-Greek arms deal corruption allegations stir renewed debate 6 June 2014
- From CEO to whistleblower 13 June 2014
- Czech construction job: honest official makes sure citizens win 17 June 2014
- Moe Majdoob: So many more scandals that all Libyans are aware o...
- fernando carvalho: Shame on us Brazilians who have allowed such major...
- KALYAN GHOSH: Nice to read about your good experience at TI scho...
- KALYAN GHOSH: You have said that TI is arguing to end corruption...
- javier: This happens in México all the times. So sad....