Young people constitute a sizeable portion of the Asian Pacific population and tend to be particularly exposed to bribery and corruption as students, pupils, workers, customers and citizens. But young people can play a pivotal role in the fight against corruption, in Asia Pacific and beyond. While people from the older generation tend to see […]
What does it take to be a corruption fighter? What does corruption look like on the ground? We spoke with three inspiring women from our chapter in the Philippines – Executive Director Cleo Calimbahin, Administrative Assistant Diana Cristino, and Finance and Operations Officer Marie Quizon – and asked them what it’s like to face and […]
The annual gathering of a majority of Asia Pacific countries at the tail end of the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2013 casts doubt on the prediction that the 21st century will be the Asian century. Over the past decade many countries in the Asia Pacific region have achieved commendable economic and social growth. But have […]
Filipino parents unhappy with the way their children’s schools are being run now have a ready remedy: sending an email or text to the website checkmyschool.org. The site has a scrolling list of user complaints, ranging from a computer shortage in an elementary school to allegations – supported by a photo – that another institution […]
May 29, 2012. The whole nation is watching the 2nd impeachment trial in Philippine history. The usually busy streets of Manila are on standstill. Even taxi and jeepney drivers stop to personally witness the verdict. All television and radio shows feature one event: the final judgment on the impeachment trial of Renato C. Corona, the […]
- Football on trial 24 November 2015
- Bulgarian politics: how to ensure a referendum fails 23 November 2015
- Why good governance in football associations matters 18 November 2015
- The first step toward creating Slovenia’s legislative footprint 16 November 2015
- Anti-corruption reform in Ukraine: going round in circles 16 November 2015
- Civil society’s role in the fight against corruption 6 November 2015
- New milestone in fight against global corruption 28 September 2015
- Practicing open data: publishing court decisions in Germany 28 September 2015
- Asset recovery: where are we now? 30 October 2015
- After peaceful elections Ivory Coast must build on its commitments to fight corruption 29 October 2015
- Gary Mortimer: Of course civil society has an important role to p...
- SAMI CHERIF: http://tunisie-telegraph.com/2015/11/10/%D8%AD%D8%...
- JB Smith: The United States has its share of corruption. Vi...
- Civil society’s role in the fight against corruption | Anti Corruption Digest: […] Source: blog.transparency.org […]...
- Asset recovery: where are we now? | Anti Corruption Digest: […] Source: blog.transparency.org […]...
Latest news from Transparency International
- How transparent are telecommunications companies?
- Football Associations: One more reason FIFA needs independent reform
- Time to get serious about cleaning up lobbying!
- José Ugaz de Transparency International presenta el concurso Desenmascarar a los Corruptos
- Transparency International Chair José Ugaz launches Unmask the Corrupt contest