Last year, we ran a blog post examining the many forms of public sector corruption. In conjunction with the launch of our 2012 Corruption Perceptions Index, we are reposting this piece with updated figures. The Corruption Perceptions Index highlights corruption in the public sector. But what exactly does this mean? Drawing on Transparency International’s Plain [...]
Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index 2012, coming out on Wednesday, once again ranks the Nordic countries among the “most clean” when it comes to public sector corruption. As discussed in a previous post, such good results stem from political will, open government and robust legislation and mechanisms for holding politicians and civil servants to account. [...]
The following was written by Gleb Gavrish, Press Officer, and Andre Jvirblis, Head of the Civic Activism Group, at Transparency International Russia. Under a new law, companies in Russia’s mаssive state-owned business sector must now publish rules for purchasing and service contracts, and report all public contracts worth 2500 Euros or more. Transparency International Russia [...]
A year of intense anti-corruption protests has put corruption issues high on the agenda in the world’s biggest democracy. While leaders have failed to deliver stronger legislation, a report from TI India shows that state-owned companies have made progress. In India, it takes over 1000 days to get a contract recognised. No wonder that bribery [...]
Suzanne Mulcahy, Research Coordinator for National Integrity Systems Assessments at Transparency International, discusses the impact this tool can have on societies. The recent publication of the 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index has put the spotlight on corruption risks in countries around the globe. Raising awareness about corruption is crucial – but the next step is [...]
The Corruption Perceptions Index 2011 highlights corruption in the public sector. But what exactly does this mean? Transparency International’s press intern, Rosie Slater, explains. Drawing on Transparency International’s Plain Language Guide, this post defines and de-mystifies some of the words and phrases most often associated with this kind of corruption. So if you’re confused by [...]
Eduardo Bohórquez and Deniz Devrim of Transparency International’s Mexican Chapter reflect on their country’s efforts to fight foreign bribery and new opportunities for its upcoming G20 presidency. In the 2011 Bribe Payers Index (BPI), Mexico ranks on position 26 out of 28 countries with a score of 7.0 on a scale where 0 means Mexican [...]
By Tinatin Ninua, Programme Coordinator, Political Corruption. Last week marked an exciting event for the freedom of information campaigners in Kenya. On July 8th the country has launched an open data portal, which makes Kenya the first African country to release government data to the public through a single online platform. The portal aggregates information [...]
To set the stage for Transparency International’s (TI) Asia Pacific regional conference in Delhi, TI India held an event on poverty and corruption with regional experts from government, business and civil society. Participants met under the banner “Confronting the poverty and corruption nexus,” to discuss how approaches such as ethical leadership, joint responsibility and citizen [...]
Read about the Corruption Perceptions Index 2010 here. Read about the Corruption Perceptions Index 2011 here. For regional perspectives on the CPI 2011 results see here: Europe and Central Asia Americas Sub-Saharan Africa Asia Pacific Middle East and North Africa For a blog post defining public sector corruption click here and to read about our [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Money laundering – are BVI leaks a game changer? 8 April 2013
- omniahefeny: مركز كالتكس لاباده ومكافحه ...
- nike free 5.0 v4: Hi there! I just would like to offer you a huge th...
- Periodico Digital Noticias actualizadas de la Republica Dominicana.: Thanks for the great writeup. Them in truth was ob...
- Saffron X Diet: Howdy would you mind letting me know which webhost...
- Christian Louboutin Uk Pushes purchase High heel shoes is exclusive red ft-spun6: I see that you are using Wordpress on your blog, w...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter