The annual gathering of a majority of Asia Pacific countries at the tail end of the Corruption Perceptions Index (CPI) 2013 casts doubt on the prediction that the 21st century will be the Asian century. Over the past decade many countries in the Asia Pacific region have achieved commendable economic and social growth. But have […]
Last year, we ran a blog post examining the many forms of public sector corruption. In conjunction with the launch of our 2012 Corruption Perceptions Index, we are reposting this piece with updated figures. The Corruption Perceptions Index highlights corruption in the public sector. But what exactly does this mean? Drawing on Transparency International’s Plain […]
Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index 2012, coming out on Wednesday, once again ranks the Nordic countries among the “most clean” when it comes to public sector corruption. As discussed in a previous post, such good results stem from political will, open government and robust legislation and mechanisms for holding politicians and civil servants to account. […]
The following was written by Gleb Gavrish, Press Officer, and Andre Jvirblis, Head of the Civic Activism Group, at Transparency International Russia. Under a new law, companies in Russia’s mаssive state-owned business sector must now publish rules for purchasing and service contracts, and report all public contracts worth 2500 Euros or more. Transparency International Russia […]
A year of intense anti-corruption protests has put corruption issues high on the agenda in the world’s biggest democracy. While leaders have failed to deliver stronger legislation, a report from TI India shows that state-owned companies have made progress. In India, it takes over 1000 days to get a contract recognised. No wonder that bribery […]
Suzanne Mulcahy, Research Coordinator for National Integrity Systems Assessments at Transparency International, discusses the impact this tool can have on societies. The recent publication of the 2011 Corruption Perceptions Index has put the spotlight on corruption risks in countries around the globe. Raising awareness about corruption is crucial – but the next step is […]
The Corruption Perceptions Index 2011 highlights corruption in the public sector. But what exactly does this mean? Transparency International’s press intern, Rosie Slater, explains. Drawing on Transparency International’s Plain Language Guide, this post defines and de-mystifies some of the words and phrases most often associated with this kind of corruption. So if you’re confused by […]
Eduardo Bohórquez and Deniz Devrim of Transparency International’s Mexican Chapter reflect on their country’s efforts to fight foreign bribery and new opportunities for its upcoming G20 presidency. In the 2011 Bribe Payers Index (BPI), Mexico ranks on position 26 out of 28 countries with a score of 7.0 on a scale where 0 means Mexican […]
By Tinatin Ninua, Programme Coordinator, Political Corruption. Last week marked an exciting event for the freedom of information campaigners in Kenya. On July 8th the country has launched an open data portal, which makes Kenya the first African country to release government data to the public through a single online platform. The portal aggregates information […]
To set the stage for Transparency International’s (TI) Asia Pacific regional conference in Delhi, TI India held an event on poverty and corruption with regional experts from government, business and civil society. Participants met under the banner “Confronting the poverty and corruption nexus,” to discuss how approaches such as ethical leadership, joint responsibility and citizen […]
- Fighting for workers’ rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina 16 April 2014
- Anti-corruption street art: lend me your wall 15 April 2014
- Arte callejero anticorrupción: Préstame tu pared 15 April 2014
- Bangladesh factory safety in spotlight 10 April 2014
- Haiti: a new anti-corruption law brings hope 7 April 2014
- Teaching integrity in schools: Lessons from Italy 14 March 2014
- Russian money: too big to sanction? 10 March 2014
- Eu to freeze corrupt assets from Ukraine 5 March 2014
- Bosnians demand a change 18 February 2014
- Germany is ready to sign UNCAC – at last 26 February 2014
- μπομπονιερες βαπτισης: I must thank you for the efforts youve put in penn...
- e juice: I think this is one of the most significant info f...
- water damage restoration dallas tx: My spouse and i got excited that Ervin could carr...
- mbt sko salg: Debatten har gått høyt de siste dagene, ...
- Marian Koenigsman: Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blo...