On 6 March, Colombian president Juan Manuel Santos signed the country’s access to information law. This was the last formal step of a long process led by civil society organisations collaborating with many sectors in the country. The right of citizens to know what governments and public institutions are doing, and how public resources are […]
This week the United Nations is bringing experts and world leaders to Indonesia to debate development priorities beyond 2015, when the Millennium Development Goals expire. Good governance tops the list of what to add to the current eight targets. We want to make certain that good governance and anti-corruption form part of the promises and […]
We told communities to pick their own development agenda, then asked local politicians to commit to fulfilling that agenda. People were able to pick the issues that matter to them, and clearly described what they expect their leaders to deliver.
When asked whether corruption is a problem for women, I immediately think about the women in a local hospital who were being charged US$ 5 every time they screamed while giving birth. The impact of corruption on women is under-researched and hard to document because it is not easy for women to come forward and […]
A review of a book with strong corruption themes. Next week we will run a blog post about corruption in literature. Please post your suggestions below. The stink of rotting garbage hangs over Annawadi, a Mumbai slum built on a garbage dump surrounding a sewage lake. But even more harmful to the residents of Annawadi […]
Transparency International is a household name in Bangladesh, thanks to one of the biggest chapters in our movement. The efforts of Transparency International Bangladesh to engage people from all over the country have resulted in a 5,000+ strong volunteer base and tens of thousands more participating in activities and campaigns. Founded in 1996 Transparency Bangladesh […]
- Learning to lead the fight against corruption 23 July 2014
- World Cup winners and losers 16 July 2014
- Campaign for transparency in Maldives pays off 10 July 2014
- Bangladesh: Cutting off our heads to cure a headache? 3 July 2014
- G20 anti-corruption meeting: progress, but without ambition 25 June 2014
- Three steps to (start) recovering stolen assets 12 June 2014
- How the G20 could unmask the corrupt 20 June 2014
- German-Greek arms deal corruption allegations stir renewed debate 6 June 2014
- From CEO to whistleblower 13 June 2014
- Czech construction job: honest official makes sure citizens win 17 June 2014
- javier: This happens in México all the times. So sad....
- TAPAS K. DUTTA: Nexus between the corrupt politicians, hypocrite m...
- francesco totino: A European Strategy for growth http://economicsan...
- La Cumbre del C20 en Australia | Transparencia Mexicana: […] Para conocer más sobre la Cumbre del C2...
- Derek Patterson: Shocking. Switzerland should be ashamed of itself ...