Why are Nordic countries seen as having lower levels of public sector corruption than other European countries? What experiences do these countries have in fighting corruption, and what can weaker performing countries like the Czech Republic learn? It was questions like these that our recent conference “Corruption-free society: Perspectives from the North” set out to […]
Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index 2012, coming out on Wednesday, once again ranks the Nordic countries among the “most clean” when it comes to public sector corruption. As discussed in a previous post, such good results stem from political will, open government and robust legislation and mechanisms for holding politicians and civil servants to account. […]
Paul Zoubkov and Helen Turek talk about Transparency International’s Europe wide initiative to improve national anti-corruption systems. Good governance, accountability and rule of law are among the key hallmarks of a healthy society, and yet right across Europe, there is a deep sense of frustration that key national institutions and actors are not living up […]
- Football on trial 24 November 2015
- Bulgarian politics: how to ensure a referendum fails 23 November 2015
- Why good governance in football associations matters 18 November 2015
- The first step toward creating Slovenia’s legislative footprint 16 November 2015
- Anti-corruption reform in Ukraine: going round in circles 16 November 2015
- Civil society’s role in the fight against corruption 6 November 2015
- New milestone in fight against global corruption 28 September 2015
- Practicing open data: publishing court decisions in Germany 28 September 2015
- Asset recovery: where are we now? 30 October 2015
- After peaceful elections Ivory Coast must build on its commitments to fight corruption 29 October 2015
- Gary Mortimer: Of course civil society has an important role to p...
- SAMI CHERIF: http://tunisie-telegraph.com/2015/11/10/%D8%AD%D8%...
- JB Smith: The United States has its share of corruption. Vi...
- Civil society’s role in the fight against corruption | Anti Corruption Digest: […] Source: blog.transparency.org […]...
- Asset recovery: where are we now? | Anti Corruption Digest: […] Source: blog.transparency.org […]...
Latest news from Transparency International
- How transparent are telecommunications companies?
- Football Associations: One more reason FIFA needs independent reform
- Time to get serious about cleaning up lobbying!
- José Ugaz de Transparency International presenta el concurso Desenmascarar a los Corruptos
- Transparency International Chair José Ugaz launches Unmask the Corrupt contest