This text was crossposted from Transparency Internarional EU’s blog. The author is Neil Clark. On 10 January, advocates from the Transparency International EU Office attended a presentation unveiling the results of Project BOWNET. Carried out with financial support from the Prevention of and Fight against Crime Programme of the European Union, the project aimed at understanding the feasibility of developing an intelligent system able [...]
Mapping different data sets from a country – with bright colours and click-through functions – may be a visual delight for developers and the tech-savvy, but what do these maps offer those crafting public policies? After all, the point of open data is to make more accountable and effective decision-making – whether it is about [...]
Transparency International Lithuania invites you to follow the live stream of a public lecture by Mr. Daniel Kaufmann, senior fellow in the Global Economy and Development Program at the Brookings Institution (USA), former head of the World Bank Institute, on 09 July, Monday. The lecture “Revisiting Corruption: A Governance Framework” will open the third Transparency International [...]
While the year-long allegations of misconduct against the Alstom Group (ALO) have led to some significant consequences for the company – US$ 9.5 million worth of them – a lot of questions about what happened remain. At the end of February, the World Bank decided to debar two Alstom subsidiaries for three years and agreed [...]
While a new deal on climate change is being debated in South Africa, another event in South Korea is trying to set a new course to make aid more effective. Craig Fagan, Senior Policy Coordinator at Transparency International, reports from the Fourth High Level Forum on Aid Effectiveness. Part of this new agenda is making [...]
Craig Fagan, Senior Policy Coordinator at Transparency International, is taking the measuring stick to aid transparency A new study on donor transparency shows that many aid agencies are not putting into practice the levels of disclosure that they typically demand from the governments which receive their money. Produced by Publish What You Fund, the global [...]
Emile van der Does de Willebois, Senior Financial Sector Specialist at the World Bank, writes about a new report on the ever-more sophisticated methods used to hide bribes, stolen assets and other criminal proceeds from the World Bank’s Stolen Assets Recovery Initiative. It’s easy to set up a company. If I want to start a [...]
Angela McClellan has worked on G20 issues at Transparency International (TI) for the past two years. She looks forward to this weekend’s meeting in Toronto. When the financial crisis struck hard in 2008, the Group of 20 nations went into high gear to facilitate bail-out packages for banks and companies. Governments coughed up unprecedented sums [...]
I’ve been to Africa many times. I’ve visited cities and huts, met with heads of state and shared meals with local communities, but this was a special trip. It was the first time since being elected to head of our international anti-corruption movement that I am travelling to the region. With this in mind, I [...]
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- Too little transparency in new Czech law on political party financing 10 May 2013
- The banks of Cyprus and the pursuit of integrity 20 March 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Christian Louboutin Uk Pushes purchase High heel shoes is exclusive red ft-spun6: I see that you are using Wordpress on your blog, w...
- Georgiana: Appreciating the commitment you put into your blog...
- Read Full Report: Your advice is amazingly significant....
- Authentic LV Outlet New York: Louis Vuitton Outlet Sales Review...
- Thenparis.Com: I want to to thank you for this excellent read!! I...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter
Latest news from Transparency International
- Public input sought on gold standard for corporate anti bribery practices
- Talking corruption and climate change in Latin America: live video stream
- La liberté d’expression en péril au Burundi
- Freedom of expression at risk in Burundi
- Bulgaria: Rock bottom election turnout exposes accountability failure of political class