In Latin America police corruption is endemic. According to figures released in the TI Global Corruption Barometer 2010, two out of every ten Latin-Americans interviewed had paid a bribe in the previous 12 months. So it comes as little surprise that two colleagues who work in the Transparency International Secretariat have confronted situations of this […]
En América Latina la corrupción policial es endémica. Según los datos arrojados por el Barómetro Global de Corrupción 2010 de TI, dos de cada diez latinoamericanos encuestados pegaron un soborno en un periodo de 12 meses. En ese sentido, no es de llamar la atención que dos colegas que trabajan en Transparency International se han […]
La Oficina de Asistencia Legal Anticorrupción abrirá sus puertas en Venezuela. Por Mercedes De Freitas, Directora Ejecutiva, Transparencia Venezuela. Read this article in English here. “Mis hijos querían irse con la abuela en sus vacaciones para Boconó y tuve que sacar el permiso de viaje para menores de edad. Aún cuando llevé toda la documentación […]
A Transparency International legal advice centre has been opened in yet another country. By Mercedes De Freitas, Executive Director, Transparencia Venezuela. Lea este artículo en español aquí. “My kids wanted to go on holiday to Boconó with their grandmother and so I needed to obtain a travel permit for minors. But even though I had […]
Yes! It is possible that firm pays for the damages caused to a society at large when caught bribing governmental officials! This is the case now in Costa Rica where Alcatel-Lucent, the French-American communications company, agreed to pay US $10 million to the Costa Rican State as a compensation for the “social damage” provoked to […]
The Fifth Summit of the Americas just started in Trinidad and Tobago with 34 leaders of the region attending. While most people’s attention is on US President Obama meeting the leaders of the region, there is actually the need to forward the agenda and make the conference theme Securing Our Citizens’ Future by Promoting Human […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.