Mark Pyman , Director of Transparency International’s Defence and Security Programme, discusses contradictory research in the defence sector. The new 2011 Bribe Payers Index (BPI) was published last week and throws up some interesting findings. Bribery seems to be prevalent in almost all sectors and there seems to be little improvements overall in controlling it since […]
Tag Archives | arms
Bribe Payers Index 2011: What is happening in defence?
9 November 2011 in Defence and Security, Measurement and Research
Corruption and the arms trade
7 March 2011 in Defence and Security, Politics and government
This post has been written by Tobias Bock, Project Officer with Transparency International’s Defence and Security Programme. The one hundred and ninety two states of the United Nations spent last week negotiating a UN treaty to regulate the international arms trade. The Treaty’s purpose is “To elaborate a legally binding instrument on the highest possible […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Africa aid arab spring Bangladesh Brazil bribery business civil society Climate Change climate finance Climate Governance companies corruption Corruption Perceptions Index CPI Egypt elections EU European National Integrity Systems European Union featured FIFA football G20 Global Corruption Barometer global corruption report Global Corruption Report: Sport India integrity Latin America Mexico money laundering OECD Anti-Bribery Convention open government partnership police Private sector protests Russia tax evasion transparency Tunisia uncac UN Convention against Corruption United States whistleblower protection
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.