Last week, US vice-president Joe Biden wrote an important article in the New York Times to explain his administration’s plans to channel resources to support security, governance and development in Central America. Biden wrote that in order to sustain economic growth and economic equality in a region plagued by violence, poverty and corruption, you need […]
Supporting security and development in the Americas
Elections in Honduras: is public security a priority for presidential candidates?
Honduras is one of the most insecure countries in the world with the highest murder rate per capita. According to the Observatory of Violence (Observatorio de la Violencia), 85.5 people per 100,000 were murdered in Honduras in 2012 – almost 20 per day. This high level of violence occurs in a country in which half […]
Improving education in Honduras: empowering parents
Lea este post en español. Meet 10-year old Betsai (pictured in the orange collared shirt). He is a small boy, with a big personality, who goes to the public school in the town of Quebrada Larga in Honduras. This blog post is part of a series drawing on articles from the forthcoming Global Corruption Report: […]
Mejorando la educación en Honduras: empoderando a los padres
Read this blog post in English. Les presentamos a Betsai, de diez años y con la camiseta de cuello naranja en la fotografía. Es un niño pequeño con una gran personalidad, que asiste a la escuela pública del pueblo de Quebrada Larga en Honduras. Este post es parte de una serie que recoge artículos del […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.