Corruption in the police force is the top corruption issue for citizens in many countries across the world. In 31 of the 100 countries covered by our global survey, people told us the police are the most corrupt institution in their country. Read the personal experience of TI staff who have faced the dilemmas of […]
Police corruption: Would you confront your local law enforcer?
Five challenges when making defence budgets more transparent
Maria Gili and Leah Wawro of Transparency International’s Defence and Security Programme outline obstacles to more transparency and accountability in how countries spend their defence budgets. Defence budgets are the primary tool that legislators and civil society can use to hold their governments and armed forces to account and see how their taxes are […]
Bribe Payers Index 2011: What is happening in defence?
Mark Pyman , Director of Transparency International’s Defence and Security Programme, discusses contradictory research in the defence sector. The new 2011 Bribe Payers Index (BPI) was published last week and throws up some interesting findings. Bribery seems to be prevalent in almost all sectors and there seems to be little improvements overall in controlling it since […]
Corruption feeds organised crime and organised crime feeds corruption
Julia Muravska of Transparency International’s Defence and Security Programme takes a look at the links between organised crime and corruption. “Corruption feeds organised crime and organised crime feeds corruption.” This is one of the key points made by Transparency International UK’s Defence and Security Programme in its ‘Organised crime, corruption, and the vulnerability of defence […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.