FIFA and its corruption scandals continue to dominate the headlines. As it struggles to find a credible candidate to take over as president, Transparency International has turned its attention to FIFA’s members, the 209 national football associations (FAs). Are they in any better shape to manage their corruption risks? Football fans are the primary reason […]
Tag Archives | Football associations
Why good governance in football associations matters
18 November 2015 in Accountability, Sport
Football needs tough anti-money laundering rules
18 September 2015 in Financial Integrity, Sport
With the summer ending, football all over Europe is in full swing. The highest player transfer dealings in history have closed and this week the group stage of the UEFA Champions League, one of the world’s richest football competitions, has just kicked off. Yet transparency remains weak in this increasingly rich sector and as a result, […]
Corruption on the fringes of FIFA
11 June 2015 in Sport
Sepp Blatter’s announcement on 2 June that he will step down as President of the Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) was met with reactions of disbelief, excitement and uncertainty from across the football world. Only a few days earlier, he had been re-elected by nearly two thirds of the 209 national member associations. With […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Africa aid arab spring Bangladesh Brazil bribery business civil society Climate Change climate finance Climate Governance companies corruption Corruption Perceptions Index CPI Egypt elections EU European National Integrity Systems European Union featured FIFA football G20 Global Corruption Barometer global corruption report Global Corruption Report: Sport India integrity Latin America Mexico money laundering OECD Anti-Bribery Convention open government partnership police Private sector protests Russia tax evasion transparency Tunisia uncac UN Convention against Corruption United States whistleblower protection
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.