You live in a very remote area in a forest-rich country. You may not rely on the forests to make a living but they’ve remained as you know them for as long as you remember and – from stories your grandfather told you when you were a child – for a long time before that. […]
Malaysian public become eyes and ears of the forest
Countering Corruption Crucial to Protecting Papua New Guinea’s forests
By Michel Gary, Programme Coordinator in TI’s Forest Governance Programme Papua New Guinea (PNG) boasts 22 million ha of tropical forest, providing for livelihood and lush biodiversity, as well as about 150 million USD to their economy. However the exploitation of forests and the allocation of land concessions have recently received considerable media attention. A […]
Why forests need transparency
The climate change report TI issued this week had a whole section on forest governance. Manoj Nadkarni, manager of TI’s Forest Governance Integrity Programme explains why. Recently, I’ve been getting a few inquiries about whether we at the Forest Goverance Integrity Programme have an ‘official’ view on the whole concept of the UN’s REDD programme: […]
In Cancun, REDD talks needs to address corruption
The United Nations climate change conference opened in Cancun last week to modest expectations. UN secretary-general Ban Ki-Moon; EU commissioner for climate action, Connie Hedegaard; and Executive Secretary of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, Christiana Figueres have all said that they do not expect a binding deal this year on reducing greenhouse-gas emissions. […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.