Transnational organised crime has a turnover estimated at US$ 870 billion annually. That doesn’t count the misery and suffering it causes. Organised crime is intertwined with corruption and like corruption has to be dealt with on a global level, through international cooperation. This week governments are meeting at a UN conference in Vienna to discuss […]
Tag Archives | human trafficking
UN tackles organised crime, but will the public know the results?
18 October 2012 in Anti-corruption Conventions
Dream job or living nightmare?
1 September 2011 in Africa and Middle East, ALACs in AFME, Human rights, Poverty and development
Harsh socio-economic conditions in Zimbabwe are pushing many to migrate in search of work so that they can better provide for their families. But the dreams of those migrating can easily turn into living nightmares because of corruption. Leeroy’s (names have been changed) story is one such example. Eager to find work, Leeroy told us […]
The tangled corrupt web of human trafficking
12 July 2011 in Asia Pacific, Measurement and Research
Transparency International’s latest working paper tackles human trafficking. Maryse Tremblay, Consultant and Researcher (ENAP, Canada), introduces the issue. In June the New Yorker published a story about Fijian women who had been trafficked to U.S. military camps in Iraq. Those women, among thousands of others, were promised a very lucrative job in Dubai by a […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Africa aid arab spring Bangladesh Brazil bribery business civil society Climate Change climate finance Climate Governance companies corruption Corruption Perceptions Index CPI Egypt elections EU European National Integrity Systems European Union featured FIFA football G20 Global Corruption Barometer global corruption report Global Corruption Report: Sport India integrity Latin America Mexico money laundering OECD Anti-Bribery Convention open government partnership police Private sector protests Russia tax evasion transparency Tunisia uncac UN Convention against Corruption United States whistleblower protection
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.