By Antonia Bosanquet, Transparency International’s Arab media specialist. الوصول إلى المعلومات في العالم العربي This week sees the launch of ACTION, an ambitious multi-country project which will run until the end of 2013 in the MENA region. The title behind the acronym, Addressing Corruption Through Information and Organised Networking, encapsulates the goals of the project, which […]
The following article is from Transparency International’s annual report. “When we opened, the public accepted corruption as a way of life,” says Ali Lahlou, Coordinator of the anti-corruption legal advice centre run by our Moroccan TI chapter to help people tackle corruption. Although the Middle East and North Africa are being rocked by demands for […]
Nizar Manek, who volunteered in our Conventions Programme at Transparency International this summer, wrote this piece for the Guardian Comment is Free blog entitled Internationalising the public interest highlighting the need for international media to not forget the campaigners who pay a high price for exposing corruption in the developing world. Nizar points out: International […]
Since January 2009, TI’s chapter in Morocco is providing legal advice to citizens. Here’s the account by Mohamed Ali Lahlou, the Coordinator of the Advocacy and Legal Advice Centre, of a press conference to present the results of activities covering the period from January 2009 until May 2010 on 13 July. Le rapport est disponible […]
How do you get governments that claim to be preoccupied with more immediate priorities and issues such as political instability in the Arab world to pay attention to corruption? This was the fundamental question that began our day as I accompanied Chantal Uwimana, Transparency International’s Director for Africa and Middle East during an interview with […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.