Claims of UK police bribery are usually shocking enough on their own to elicit a strong reaction. Recent allegations, however, that bribes were paid to members of London’s Metropolitan Police Service Anti-Corruption Unit shock deeper still. One of the officers in question is accused of selling information regarding a Nigerian official, James Ibori, who laundered […]
Tag Archives | phone hacking
Who will police the police?
24 May 2012 in Accountability, Anti-corruption movement
The Leveson inquiry has exposed Britain’s growing corruption problem
28 February 2012 in Europe and Central Asia
Yesterday, Deputy Assistant Commissioner Sue Akers suggested to the Leveson inquiry that some sections of the press have been making regular payments to a network of corrupted public officials. In the past, it may have been easy for British citizens to pretend corruption is a problem that only exists overseas. However, Akers’s revelations now leave […]
Does the UK have a corruption problem? Join the debate
24 February 2012 in Europe and Central Asia, Measurement and Research, People power
Recent events such as the phone hacking controversy, MPs expenses scandal and the spot fixing charges in county cricket have highlighted the fact that the UK is not immune to corruption. Last week an opinion survey published by the European Commission revealed that 71% of British people polled believe that corruption is a major problem in the UK. […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Africa aid arab spring Bangladesh Brazil bribery business civil society Climate Change climate finance Climate Governance companies corruption Corruption Perceptions Index CPI Egypt elections EU European National Integrity Systems European Union featured FIFA football G20 Global Corruption Barometer global corruption report Global Corruption Report: Sport India integrity Latin America Mexico money laundering OECD Anti-Bribery Convention open government partnership police Private sector protests Russia tax evasion transparency Tunisia uncac UN Convention against Corruption United States whistleblower protection
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.