As Libya prepares for the future, what are financial centres doing to stop the flow of stolen assets from dictators? The following is adapted from a speech made by Transparency International’s vice-chair, Akere Muna, at the UN public service forum in Dar es Salaam, United Republic of Tanzania. If corruption, especially money laundering and […]
The following is an excerpt from the collected papers of the Rencontres Economiques d’Aix-en-Provence 2011. Read the full article here. Corruption is often thought of as an economic or “white collar crime”. That ignores the greater implications of corruption, the abuse of power at the expense of the many, which perpetuates social injustice and the […]
By Gillian Dell, International Conventions, Transparency International Some of the most cutting edge work in anti-corruption is being carried out by a small group of NGOs engaged in public interest anti-corruption litigation. Among these, a few have taken legal initiatives in France and Spain to trigger criminal investigations of assets of some African dictators. In […]
The biggest challenge for TI France is intensifying international efforts for better governance – a prerequisite for sustainable development – at home and abroad We are making inroads. The magazine Acteurs publics gave TI France their 2010 award for best communicator in the category “associations and great causes” for our activities on lobbying regulation […]
Read more about transparency and aid below: Haiti: Two years after the earthquake, corruption dogs reconstruction efforts Publish What You Fund: Are Aid Donors Walking their Own Talk? International Aid Transparency Initiative: As the world debates aid, the US puts its aid money out into the public To illustrate how public sector corruption impacts on […]
Negotiations on the fourth day of the conference on the UN Convention against Corruption in Doha were long and hard. Governments from the two sides met last night and held discussions until around 2:00 in the morning. However, no final agreement has been found yet. Varying reports about what the draft text for how the […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.