It’s the blockbuster policy book of the year: Thomas Piketty’s weighty Capital in the 21st Century, a 600 plus-page analysis of the scale and perils of rising inequality. As Piketty argues, wealth and return on capital are growing faster than the overall economy and income from labour. Making matters worse, labour income is becoming increasingly […]
Tag Archives | tax
Piketty: Diagnosing inequality and prescribing a dose of anti-corruption
25 August 2014 in Access to information, Financial Markets, Poverty and development, Private sector
When it comes to tax, transparency is better.
29 November 2010 in Private sector
Around the world, the income generated through taxes is crucial for a country to ensure that streets are built, hospitals and schools are run, and public services function properly. ActionAid UK today has launched a campaign looking at how and where these taxes are paid – tax justice. In the report Calling Time: Why SABMiller […]
One million anti-corruption supporters wanted
25 March 2009 in Europe and Central Asia, Events, Poverty and development
Several members of the European Parliament have launched a cross-party petition urging the European Commission and Member States to propose legislation and mechanisms to fight corruption. High-level corruption in EU relations with third countries is a particular focus of the petition.
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Africa aid arab spring Bangladesh Brazil bribery business civil society Climate Change climate finance Climate Governance companies corruption Corruption Perceptions Index CPI Egypt elections EU European National Integrity Systems European Union featured FIFA football G20 Global Corruption Barometer global corruption report Global Corruption Report: Sport India integrity Latin America Mexico money laundering OECD Anti-Bribery Convention open government partnership police Private sector protests Russia tax evasion transparency Tunisia uncac UN Convention against Corruption United States whistleblower protection
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.