Today is World Water Day. “Sin agua no hay vida” – “There is no life without water“ – so says Daniel, a minor yet important character in the movie Even the rain, a movie from 2010 about the water war in Cochabamba, Bolivia. He is right: water is life. Water is a human right. But […]
Today is World Water Day, a day that is held annually on the 22nd of March to focus attention on critical issues linked to the water sector. Every year a different work area of the UN is put in focus and this year, the UN and the FAO are highlighting the critical link between water and […]
Like TI’s service delivery project mentioned in Francesc’s blog earlier today, the Water Integrity Network is also stepping up its work in Sub-Saharan Africa, especially Benin, Burkina Faso and Mali. We are planning a training of trainers to better tackle corruption in the water sector. Last year we worked with Farm Radio International on radio […]
Since 1992, 22 March has been World Water Day. In 2010 the United Nations General Assembly declared that clean drinking water is a fundamental human right. Yet millions of people in Sub-Saharan Africa still have no access to clean water. Lack of integrity and low performance of water utilities and informal service providers can jeopardise […]
Journee internationale de l’eau: s’attaquer a la corruption pour de meilleurs services dans le domaine de l’eau
Depuis 1992, le 22 mars est la journée internationale de l’eau. En 2010, l’Assemblée générale des Nations Unies a déclaré que l’accès à l’eau potable faisait partie des droits de l’homme fondamentaux. Pourtant plusieurs millions d’individus en Afrique subsaharienne n’y ont toujours pas accès. Le manque d’intégrité et les mauvaises performances des services et fournisseurs […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.