Access to information (ATI) is not simply a piece of legislation. A country’s passing of such an act signals a change in culture from one of secrecy to one of transparency, and a strengthening of democracy. ATI is the freedom of citizens to access information held by public bodies, and is quickly becoming a global […]
It has taken a long time but Haiti finally has a comprehensive anti-corruption law. On 11 March the lower house of Parliament passed legislation first drafted in 2007. For a country that has been stuck on the lowest rungs of Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index for years, this is big and welcome news. And the […]
Après plusieurs années d’attente, finalement Haïti est doté d’une loi globale de lutte contre la corruption. Le 11 mars dernier, la chambre basse du Parlement a adopté le projet de loi rédigé en 2007. Pour un pays qui, pendant des années, a stagné au plus bas niveau de l’échelle de l’Indice de Perceptions de la […]
The conviction of a high-ranking Chinese official for corruption and the continuing reports of alleged sexual favours as part of the ongoing scandal involving drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline in China, exposes gaps in the anti-corruption legislation in the country. The high profile corruption case against China’s former minister of railways Liu Zhijun is being heralded as proof […]
This text was originally published in the 15th IACC blog and is authored by Vicki Baxter Amade, GOPAC’s Global Task Force Advisor for the Participation of Society. In November 2012, the Global Organization of Parliamentarians Against Corruption (GOPAC) led its first formal delegation to the IACC, with a panel workshop about the role of parliamentarians and GOPAC speakers […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.