Cobus de Swardt, Managing Director at Transparency International, reflects on the G20, the historic events in the Middle East, and social media and transparency at the 2011 Davos meeting: Looking back, I was struck that there was no longer a great sense of urgency about the economic crisis. Even though the G20 was on the […]
Tag Archives | Davos
Looking back at Davos – Part two
3 February 2011 in Anti-corruption Conventions, Private sector
Looking back at Davos
31 January 2011 in Anti-corruption Conventions, Poverty and development
Last week I attended the annual World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, where 2,500 leaders of government, industry, and civil society gather to discuss global challenges. While dealing with inequality and social inclusion seems to be the problem on many lips this week, I noticed a growing recognition that if we don’t tackle corruption, other […]
Equipping global governance with integrity
26 January 2011 in Anti-corruption Conventions, Poverty and development, Private sector
With the World Economic Forum (WEF) opening the doors to its annual meeting today, more than 2500 participants of government, business, media, academia and civil society are gathering in Davos to look for solutions on pressing issues. Our chair Huguette Labelle, and our Managing Director Cobus de Swardt have already arrived. We’ll be getting their […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Africa aid arab spring Bangladesh Brazil bribery business civil society Climate Change climate finance Climate Governance companies corruption Corruption Perceptions Index CPI Egypt elections EU European National Integrity Systems European Union featured FIFA football G20 Global Corruption Barometer global corruption report Global Corruption Report: Sport India integrity Latin America Mexico money laundering OECD Anti-Bribery Convention open government partnership police Private sector protests Russia tax evasion transparency Tunisia uncac UN Convention against Corruption United States whistleblower protection
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.