The past few months have seen major scandals in defence procurement involving The Colombian Defence Ministry, AgustaWestland and the UK government, Rolls-Royce and Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd, and Kongsberg Gruppen. The ghosts of corruption past are coming back to haunt these institutions. We’ve also seen major new contracts announced: BAE Systems and Saudi Arabia have agreed […]
Arms Deals in the Dark: secret contracts in the defence sector
No defence for corruption in defence procurement
On 15 May Transparency International India invited senior figures in the defence establishment, including Defence Minister A.K. Antony, senior oversight officers from both state-owned and private defence companies, and experts from civil society to discuss the issue of corruption in defence procurement. There have been too many scandals in procurement – the AgustaWestland helicopter mess […]
Dealing in the dark: Portugal’s sad defence contracts
On 06 September, Transparency International releases its annual report on enforcement of the OECD Anti-Bribery Convention. Right at the time the European Union is consumed with the debate over the debt crisis and politicians across the EU are busy playing the blame game, an interesting case going on in Portugal helps shed some light on […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.