387 Under the shadow of the biggest corruption scandal in Slovak history, the country’s parliamentary elections on 10 March offer the public an opportunity to get rid of old methods of doing politics in Slovakia. When Iveta Radicova’s government lost a vote of no confidence in the Slovak Parliament over the issue of EU’s bailout […]
Tag Archives | demonstration
From Banana Revolution to Gorilla Election
8 March 2012 in Europe and Central Asia, People power, Politics and government
Civic activism heats up in Russia
23 December 2011 in Europe and Central Asia, People power, Politics and government
Andrei Jvirblis, manager of TI Russia’s Public Activism group, and Gleb Gavrish, press officer of TI Russia, explore the ongoing events that have seen waves of Russians taking to the streets in recent weeks. Corruption is the major cause of political instability in many countries, and after questions arose about the fairness of the results […]
Will the World Cup and Olympics bring more corruption to Brazil?
5 July 2011 in Americas, Anti-corruption movement, Events, People power, Sport
By Sophie Amelia Mendes from the IACC team, and Stella Borzilo, from the Americas department, at Transparency International. For a few days every year since 2001, dozens of people marching through the towns and villages of the arid Brazilian North East. These are the people who are speaking out against corruption in Brazil, taking part […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Africa aid arab spring Bangladesh Brazil bribery business civil society Climate Change climate finance Climate Governance companies corruption Corruption Perceptions Index CPI Egypt elections EU European National Integrity Systems European Union featured FIFA football G20 Global Corruption Barometer global corruption report Global Corruption Report: Sport India integrity Latin America Mexico money laundering OECD Anti-Bribery Convention open government partnership police Private sector protests Russia tax evasion transparency Tunisia uncac UN Convention against Corruption United States whistleblower protection
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.