Europe’s thirst for energy remains high as regulations in the Eurozone tighten and the focus on energy efficiency grows. At the same time, an energy infrastructure that allows EU countries to quickly shift power to where it is most needed when shortages occur still needs to be built. With this in mind, the drive to […]
Europe’s hunger for energy needs an integrity check
The power of consensus: working out a new way to develop sustainable renewable energy
Donal O´Leary is a Senior Advisor to Transparency International. Last week I spent many hours in Brazil contemplating the power of water and water power. The city of Iguaçu is the perfect place to do this. Iguaçu is famous for its majestic falls, which are a World Heritage Site visited by thousands of tourists annually […]
Hungary: Minimizing Wasted Energies
One of the articles in TI’s Global Corruption Report: Climate Change focused on lacking transparency in Hungarian policies on carbon trading. In this post, Ada Amon, director of Hungarian climate policy think tank ENERGIAKLUB reacts to that article and discusses heavily lobbied sectors can be made more accountable. Good governance is a common good, and […]
Call for Proposals for the 14th International Anti-Corruption Conference
You would like to participate in the largest anti-corruption conference worldwide? You have ideas of what should be discussed by the anti-corruption community around the world? This is the announcement of the call for workshop proposals for the 14th International Anti-Corruption Conference, taking place from 10-13 November 2010. Today the call for workshop proposals for […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.