View the 2015 Corruption Perceptions Index results While a handful of countries in Europe and Central Asia have improved this year, the general picture across this vast region is one of stagnation. Governments are willing to pass laws addressing corruption, yet enforcing them is a very different matter. Very worrying is the marked deterioration in […]
Exceptionally high numbers of cases are being dismissed in Italy: from 2005-2009, 10 to 13 per cent of all criminal court proceedings have been closed because they ran out of time, meaning that one in 10 trials ended with impunity for the alleged offender. That is more than 150 000 cases a year. In Hungary, the rate was less than one per cent. In Finland, it was less than 0.1 per cent.
387 Under the shadow of the biggest corruption scandal in Slovak history, the country’s parliamentary elections on 10 March offer the public an opportunity to get rid of old methods of doing politics in Slovakia. When Iveta Radicova’s government lost a vote of no confidence in the Slovak Parliament over the issue of EU’s bailout […]
On 7 December, the TI Liaison Office to the EU (TI EU) hosted a one-day conference on “Tackling Corruption across the EU”. Jana Mittermaier, Head of TI EU, explains how the EU can be an important ally in the fight against corruption. The EU is often perceived as a source of wonk-ish complexity, hair-splitting and obscure […]
Emerging issues, new tools and approaches, strategies and lessons learnt in the fight against corruption will be discussed over the couple of next days as part of the Europe and Central Asia Meeting taking place from 15-17 June in the FYR of Macedonia. The meeting, organised by Transparency International’s chapter Transparency Zero-Corruption and the national […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.