Ukraine’s capital, Kiev, has been racked by protests, the largest since the 2004 Orange Revolution when the country rose up in response to fraudulent presidential elections. Thousands of people have been occupying Kiev’s main square since last November and more recently, government buildings. The varying reports on the reasons for the violence and the range […]
Tomorrow, European Commissioners decide the final text of proposals to make it mandatory for oil, gas and mining companies listed in the EU to disclose payments to governments. Carl Dolan, policy officer for Transparency International in Brussels, calls for more pressure on Brussels to deliver strong measures. There is a depressing correlation between natural resource […]
Today Transparency International publishes its report on the transparency of oil and gas companies. The report shows that the majority of companies do not reveal payments to governments in countries where the extract oil and gas. A good example for what this means in practice is Libya: A quarter of the country’s economy come from […]
From April 15-16, 2010 the board of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative met in Berlin. Eduardo Bohorquez, head of the Mexican TI chapter and board member of the EITI, as well as François Valérian, head of Private Sector Programmes for Transparency International, were there (version française versión en español) April 16 marked a decisive day for […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.