This week the New York Times is running a series of hard-hitting investigative reports into who is buying luxury apartments in a single skyscraper overlooking Central Park in New York City, called Time Warner Center, and how they are doing it. It has highlighted a dubious bunch of big spenders allegedly enjoying the proceeds […]
Tag Archives | International Consortium of Investigative Journalists
Secrecy breeds corruption
11 February 2015 in Accountability, Cost of Corruption, Financial Integrity, Private sector
Messi and the International Impunity System
7 August 2014 in Access to information, Accountability, Americas, Europe and Central Asia, Politics and government, Private sector, Sport
The ongoing prosecution of football super star Lionel Messi for alleged tax evasion made global headlines last week. Messi and his father Jorge are accused of evading 4.2 million euros (US$5.6m) in tax on sponsorship earnings in court documents submitted by the prosecutor. The alleged tax evasion scheme was based on using a web of […]
#offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best
4 April 2013 in Access to information, Accountability, Asset recovery, Cost of Corruption, Politics and government, Whistleblowing
Around 260 Gigabytes of data from ten tax havens, 2.5 million documents, 130.000 persons from 170 countries concerned – a mega coup. But some questions are still to be answered. Today’s releases regarding #offshoreleaks include everything one can expect from good journalism in the 21st century: Collaboration: 84 journalists worked on the story, coordinated by […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Africa aid arab spring Bangladesh Brazil bribery business civil society Climate Change climate finance Climate Governance companies corruption Corruption Perceptions Index CPI Egypt elections EU European National Integrity Systems European Union featured FIFA football G20 Global Corruption Barometer global corruption report Global Corruption Report: Sport India integrity Latin America Mexico money laundering OECD Anti-Bribery Convention open government partnership police Private sector protests Russia tax evasion transparency Tunisia uncac UN Convention against Corruption United States whistleblower protection
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.