By Craig Fagan and Jesse Garcia Five years, 127 days, eight hours and 40 minutes. That is the time left until the Millennium Development Goals are to be achieved (at least as I type this – https://www.mdgmonitor.org). And in a much smaller amount of time – one month – world leaders will be gathering at […]
Countdown to the Millennium Development Goals Summit
Transparency: A Key to Jumpstart MDG Progress
Time is not on the side of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), a set of development promises made by world leaders in 2000 on everything from education to the environment. There are only another five years left to meet the ambitious targets, which include halving the number of people living on less than US$ 1 […]
Why the MDG action plan needs an anti-corruption agenda
The word anti-corruption appears nowhere in the draft declaration ahead of the September MDG Review Summit to kick start action on the Millennium Development Goals. Why this should change. In 2000 the United Nations set a 15-year time line – the Millennium Development Goals – to tackle some of the world’s biggest development problems from […]
Gender, corruption and basic services – unequal impacts all around
Just as with public services or pay levels, inequality between men and women characterises corruption. Corruption in the provision of basic services such as health and education – which are key areas for achieving the Millennium Development Goals – can have disproportionate and negative consequences for women and girls. Corruption can compromise their access to […]
Climate Change, Water and Corruption
This post has been written by Birke Otto of the Water Integrity Network, a global coalition stimulating anti-corruption activities in the water sector locally, nationally and globally. As the climate talks at the COP15 open with urgent calls for action, massive funds will be mobilized to manage climate change adaptation and mitigation. If not managed […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.