In March this year South Africa’s highest court upheld a landmark investigation by the courageous Public Protector Thuli Madonsela that showed how taxpayers’ money had been used to upgrade President Jacob Zuma’s personal residence. This underscored the importance of the role of the Public Protector in holding those in power to account. It is the […]
Tag Archives | Nkandla scandal
SPEAK UP, South Africa: the impact of the Nkandla ruling
21 April 2016 in Accountability, Africa and Middle East, Financial Integrity, Politics and government
Anti-Corruption Day in South Africa: counting the cost of freedom
11 December 2012 in Africa and Middle East, People power
Yesterday in Soweto’s world-famous Regina Mundi church, beneath a stained-glass image of Nelson Mandela, worshippers spoke out against the country’s current crop of leaders – particularly, those who’ve been at the heart of headline-grabbing corruption scandals in recent months. “It’s becoming more corrupt every day … and it’s growing worse,” said Sidney Matlana, a member […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Africa aid arab spring Bangladesh Brazil bribery business civil society Climate Change climate finance Climate Governance companies corruption Corruption Perceptions Index CPI Egypt elections EU European National Integrity Systems European Union featured FIFA football G20 Global Corruption Barometer global corruption report Global Corruption Report: Sport India integrity Latin America Mexico money laundering OECD Anti-Bribery Convention open government partnership police Private sector protests Russia tax evasion transparency Tunisia uncac UN Convention against Corruption United States whistleblower protection
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.