The growing presence in foreign markets of emerging economies like Brazil, China and India is starting to be matched by development spending. China, for example, provided US$ 38.83 billion in “foreign aid” in 2009 – these are the most recent government figures and likely exclude other investments in development projects). Often, these countries eschew the […]
Aid from China, India and Brazil: more transparent than the West?
Corruption Perceptions Index 2009: What does a number mean to you?
Read about the Corruption Perceptions Index 2010 here. Read about the Corruption Perceptions Index 2011 here. For regional perspectives on the CPI 2011 results see here: Europe and Central Asia Americas Sub-Saharan Africa Asia Pacific Middle East and North Africa For a blog post defining public sector corruption click here and to read about our […]
Fighting corruption in Europe and Central Asia: issues, approaches, lessons, questions
Emerging issues, new tools and approaches, strategies and lessons learnt in the fight against corruption will be discussed over the couple of next days as part of the Europe and Central Asia Meeting taking place from 15-17 June in the FYR of Macedonia. The meeting, organised by Transparency International’s chapter Transparency Zero-Corruption and the national […]
New report: Connecting Corruption and Human Rights
Human rights and corruption are not always connected as being integral parts of the same power game of abuses – political, economic, social and cultural. Yet the ties between them have been growing stronger for too long as corruption is increasingly used as a means and ends to human rights violations: The stealing of oil […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.