Last week, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) unveiled new guidance to federal prosecutors about bringing criminal cases against individuals in instances of corporate wrongdoing. The memo states that if a corporation wishes to resolve its own criminal charges and receive any credit for cooperation, it must provide the DOJ with all relevant facts relating […]
Three German banks Commerzbank, HypoVereinsbank and the state-owned HSH-Bank have just settled with tax authorities in Nordrhein-Westfalen on illegal aid to tax evasion. The banks assisted clients in shifting their funds from Luxembourg to Panama to put the money out of reach of German tax authorities. While the settlements partially provide for 8-digit fines, they […]
Germany’s biggest bank, Deutsche Bank has agreed to pay a record US$2.5 billion in fines to US and UK authorities after one of its subsidiaries pleaded guilty to wire fraud for its role in manipulating LIBOR. This is more than your everyday bank scandal: LIBOR has an impact on millions of people, if not billions […]
This week Standard Chartered Bank reached a second settlement with regulators in New York for failing to monitor suspicious financial transactions. It had also promised to tighten up its anti-money laundering processes when it admitted violating US banking rules on transactions with countries under sanction including Sudan and Iran. Perhaps it didn’t get the message. […]
In early 2011, Transparency International Georgia began to actively work towards the better protection of property rights. In May of this year, TI Georgia visited several west Georgian settlements (Anaklia, Grigoleti and Gonio) where they met with affected local populations. Gia Gvilava and Eka Bokuchava, both lawyers at the office, report from their visits and […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.