Update: On 20 January, Transparency International Turkey wrote to Turkish MPs, calling on them to vote against closing the investigation into corruption allegations. Read the letter here. A new year signals a fresh start for the people around the world and is a symbol of hope for the future. But do we corruption fighters have […]
Perhaps it should come as no surprise that out of 175 countries in the 2014 Corruption Perceptions Index, the once great economic hope of many – Turkey – suffered one of the biggest drops in score (down five points to 45 out of 100 on a scale where 0 is highly corrupt and 100 very […]
The citizens of Turkey made history in August when they elected a president directly for the first time. The question now is what this means for Turkey in relation to its commitments to anti-corruption and good governance. Looking back at the election period, we can see few positive indicators and some important red flags regarding a fair, free and transparent election […]
Citizens of Turkey will go to the polls for their first direct presidential elections on 10 August. Nearly 53 million registered voters are expected to decide between three candidates in the first round. Unless one of the candidates wins more than 50 per cent of the vote there will be a second round between the […]
When Europol, the European policing organisation announced recently that it had investigated more than 425 individuals in 13 countries for football match-fixing over the past 18 months, everyone was shocked at the sheer scale of the problem. Each country has its own experiences with match-fixing. In Turkey we have been closely following a match-fixing scandal […]
What are the benefits of a code of conduct? Ensuring better conduct by public officials is integral to building greater integrity. This is the logic behind having a code of conduct. This post is part of our series on codes of conduct. To read the first post in the series, click here. Also, be sure […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.