Cobus de Swardt, Managing Director of TI, writes from Cape Town where he is attending the Africa regional meeting of the World Economic Forum At WEF Davos in January, the beginning of the revolution in North Africa was on everybody’s lips. Four months on in Cape Town, you can see from the ideas being put […]
The 1989 effect: Accountability driving demands for change
Human Rights on the WEF agenda
TI board member Delia Ferreira Rubio writes from the Latin American World Economic Forum WEF in Rio de Janeiro was not limited to business and economy: there was also time for other issues. On May 28th I attended a very interesting session entitled “Meeting Modern Expectations: Human Rights and Latin America“. Conducted by Robert Greenhill, […]
Looking back at Davos – Part two
Cobus de Swardt, Managing Director at Transparency International, reflects on the G20, the historic events in the Middle East, and social media and transparency at the 2011 Davos meeting: Looking back, I was struck that there was no longer a great sense of urgency about the economic crisis. Even though the G20 was on the […]
Looking back at Davos
Last week I attended the annual World Economic Forum meeting in Davos, where 2,500 leaders of government, industry, and civil society gather to discuss global challenges. While dealing with inequality and social inclusion seems to be the problem on many lips this week, I noticed a growing recognition that if we don’t tackle corruption, other […]
Equipping global governance with integrity
With the World Economic Forum (WEF) opening the doors to its annual meeting today, more than 2500 participants of government, business, media, academia and civil society are gathering in Davos to look for solutions on pressing issues. Our chair Huguette Labelle, and our Managing Director Cobus de Swardt have already arrived. We’ll be getting their […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.