Transparency International’s latest working paper tackles human trafficking. Maryse Tremblay, Consultant and Researcher (ENAP, Canada), introduces the issue. In June the New Yorker published a story about Fijian women who had been trafficked to U.S. military camps in Iraq. Those women, among thousands of others, were promised a very lucrative job in Dubai by a […]
Just as with public services or pay levels, inequality between men and women characterises corruption. Corruption in the provision of basic services such as health and education – which are key areas for achieving the Millennium Development Goals – can have disproportionate and negative consequences for women and girls. Corruption can compromise their access to […]
It’s impossible these days not to notice the steady stream of news coverage on bribery and corruption scandals from the pages of financial papers like the Wall Street Journal and Financial Times into mainstream media and the blogosphere. Bribery allegations, prosecutions and record-setting fines, many of which involve corporate titans, are reported in the press […]
This post has been written by Alfred Bridi, Policy and Research Department, Transparency International. A new comic-book anthology turns heads without a single trace of caped crusaders or friendly neighbourhood superheroes. A far cry from the scandals of Gotham City, this anthology focuses instead on a specific breed of dark deeds around Chinese AIDS programmes, […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.