While the year-long allegations of misconduct against the Alstom Group (ALO) have led to some significant consequences for the company – US$ 9.5 million worth of them – a lot of questions about what happened remain. At the end of February, the World Bank decided to debar two Alstom subsidiaries for three years and agreed […]
While a new deal on climate change is being debated in South Africa, another event in South Korea is trying to set a new course to make aid more effective. Craig Fagan, Senior Policy Coordinator at Transparency International, reports from the Fourth High Level Forum on Aid Effectiveness. Part of this new agenda is making […]
Craig Fagan, Senior Policy Coordinator at Transparency International, is taking the measuring stick to aid transparency A new study on donor transparency shows that many aid agencies are not putting into practice the levels of disclosure that they typically demand from the governments which receive their money. Produced by Publish What You Fund, the global […]
Emile van der Does de Willebois, Senior Financial Sector Specialist at the World Bank, writes about a new report on the ever-more sophisticated methods used to hide bribes, stolen assets and other criminal proceeds from the World Bank’s Stolen Assets Recovery Initiative. It’s easy to set up a company. If I want to start a […]
Angela McClellan has worked on G20 issues at Transparency International (TI) for the past two years. She looks forward to this weekend’s meeting in Toronto. When the financial crisis struck hard in 2008, the Group of 20 nations went into high gear to facilitate bail-out packages for banks and companies. Governments coughed up unprecedented sums […]
I’ve been to Africa many times. I’ve visited cities and huts, met with heads of state and shared meals with local communities, but this was a special trip. It was the first time since being elected to head of our international anti-corruption movement that I am travelling to the region. With this in mind, I […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.