The African Union (AU) celebrates its 50th anniversary on 25 May with an extraordinary summit in Addis Ababa, under the theme “Pan-Africanism and African Renaissance”. The AU as it has been known since 2002 is the successor to the Organization of African Unity founded (OAU) on 25 May 1963 when 32 recently independent African countries […]
African Renaissance comes through the reinforcement of institutions
Bribe Payers Index 2011: When China goes shopping abroad
On Wednesday 2 November Transparency International will publish the Bribe Payers Index 2011, which ranks the perceived propensity of 28 leading export countries and 19 business sectors to bribe abroad. Written by Deborah Brautigam, Professor of International Development at the American University, Washington DC, for Transparency International’s 2009 Global Corruption Report, this excerpted article looks […]
Dream job or living nightmare?
Harsh socio-economic conditions in Zimbabwe are pushing many to migrate in search of work so that they can better provide for their families. But the dreams of those migrating can easily turn into living nightmares because of corruption. Leeroy’s (names have been changed) story is one such example. Eager to find work, Leeroy told us […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.