Access to information (ATI) is not simply a piece of legislation. A country’s passing of such an act signals a change in culture from one of secrecy to one of transparency, and a strengthening of democracy. ATI is the freedom of citizens to access information held by public bodies, and is quickly becoming a global […]
Andrea Figari is a Global Programmes Manager in the Global Outreach and Campaigns Department at Transparency International What does it take to find out… what your country is doing to fight corruption? whether the school that your children go to has received the right budget allocation? who your Prime Minister or President meets during […]
By Antonia Bosanquet, Transparency International’s Arab media specialist. الوصول إلى المعلومات في العالم العربي This week sees the launch of ACTION, an ambitious multi-country project which will run until the end of 2013 in the MENA region. The title behind the acronym, Addressing Corruption Through Information and Organised Networking, encapsulates the goals of the project, which […]
By Tinatin Ninua, Programme Coordinator, Political Corruption. Last week marked an exciting event for the freedom of information campaigners in Kenya. On July 8th the country has launched an open data portal, which makes Kenya the first African country to release government data to the public through a single online platform. The portal aggregates information […]
It is true: The EU is, in some regards, more transparent than some of its member states. However, information is hard to find unless you are an EU expert. There is also no established culture of transparency throughout the EU institutions and all their EU officials. This makes it harder for civil society to hold […]
Negotiations on the fourth day of the conference on the UN Convention against Corruption in Doha were long and hard. Governments from the two sides met last night and held discussions until around 2:00 in the morning. However, no final agreement has been found yet. Varying reports about what the draft text for how the […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.