Tracking public money in Peru can feel like chasing smoke and mirrors. The state often keeps a lid on official documents, meaning trails can lead to dead-ends. In this case the information was not missing, but some of it turned out to be false. Until recently, the city of Pajarillo was known for illegal trade […]
Este año millones de personas en Argentina marcharon en las calles con cacerolas en mano para mostrar su descontento con el gobierno. Pablo Secchi, Director Ejecutivo de Poder Ciudadano, capítulo nacional de Transparency International en Argentina, explica porqué la población está frustrada y en qué medida la corrupción tiene algo que ver. Read this blog […]
Thousands of people in Argentina have taken to the streets this year to protest, showing their discontent with the government by banging on kitchen pots and pans. Pablo Secchi, Executive Director of Poder Ciudadano, the Transparency International Chapter in Argentina, explains why they are frustrated and what corruption has to do with it. Lea este […]
The days of passing money under the table and in dark corridors may be over for corrupt politicians as they get smarter and savvier about bilking the system. The use of low interest loans to politicians (think Germany) and public companies to make campaign contributions (think Serbia) are just two new ways that political corruption […]
Marta Erquicia, Coordinadora de Programa Senior en el Departamento de las Américas de Transparency International explica cómo las nuevas teconologías se pueden usar para monitorear procesos electorales. Entre Octubre y Noviembre tuvieron lugar elecciones presidenciales, regionales y municipales en varios países de América Latina: En Argentina, Cristina Kirchner batió todas las marcas; en Guatemala, se […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.