Despite heavy lobbying by some of the United States’ most powerful corporations, the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has taken a bold decision in support of transparency. The US Chamber of Commerce claimed that to force US oil, gas and mining companies to reveal details of their foreign payments to natural resources’ host governments […]
Antonia Bosanquet, Transparency International’s Arab media specialist, looks at Libya’s future as seen by Arab-language online media. It’s over and the end was cleaner than any of the NATO allies dared to hope; instead of the “grubby compromise” between rebels and Ghaddafi loyalists that was predicted by analysts, the rebels surprised the world by storming […]
This post was written by Delia Ferreira Rubio, a member of TI’s board of directors. On April 27th I was in Rio de Janeiro for the World Economic Forum’s regional meeting, where I attended three very different sessions that were all relevant to our movement.
Today Transparency International publishes its report on the transparency of oil and gas companies. The report shows that the majority of companies do not reveal payments to governments in countries where the extract oil and gas. A good example for what this means in practice is Libya: A quarter of the country’s economy come from […]
From April 15-16, 2010 the board of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative met in Berlin. Eduardo Bohorquez, head of the Mexican TI chapter and board member of the EITI, as well as François Valérian, head of Private Sector Programmes for Transparency International, were there (version française versión en español) April 16 marked a decisive day for […]
- State Capture in South Africa 14 February 2017
- What’s next for Ukraine? 16 December 2016
- Cleaning up sport: conflicts of interest at the top 9 December 2016
- OGP: France must do more to tackle corruption 9 December 2016
- Pharma companies in Slovakia: Uncovering conflicts of interest 9 December 2016
- Nokubonga Ndima: Young people can make a change for a better future...
- Benjamin M: Very good article! Congrats!...
- arun kottur: In India sports minister was involved decades are ...
- Ekonomi: Very beneficial article. Thank you very much. htt...
- ksweeney1: I do not agree that https://apex.aero/2016/09/22/g...
Latest news from Transparency International
No items, feed is empty.