Last week the Moscow City Prosecutor’s Office sent to Transparency International Russia an official warning to register as a foreign agent. This came because the Prosecutor said TI Russia was shaping public opinion about government policies in the field of law enforcement and had an impact on the adoption by State institutions of laws and […]
From 7-10 November 2012, more than 1,000 people from around the world will gather in Brasilia for the 15th International Anti-Corruption Conference. Brazil is a particularly interesting setting for the conference. Whilst discussing and debating some of the most pertinent corruption problems and solutions, one of Brazil’s biggest corruption cases in history – the Mensalão […]
The UN anti-corruption conference CoSP4 was the largest of its kind to date. The results were disappointing, writes Gillian Dell, Global Programmes Manager at Transparency International. The fourth session of the UNCAC Conference of States Parties that met in Marrakech in October 2011 (CoSP4) was the biggest ever – with over 1500 delegates from 125 […]
Marta Erquicia is a Senior Programme Coordinator for the Americas at Transparency International. In 1996, countries across the Americas joined forces to establish the Inter-American Convention against Corruption in response to a string of high level corruption scandals that hit the region. It was the first time globally that states agreed on having a joint […]
Fighting foreign bribery and strengthening government procurement processes are key to addressing corruption in international trade. Companies who bribe foreign officials are on the “supply side” of international corruption. Transparency International’s latest Progress Report on foreign bribery enforcement found that government efforts to stop this practice are lacking. Last week, 20 of Transparency International’s European […]
Yes! It is possible that firm pays for the damages caused to a society at large when caught bribing governmental officials! This is the case now in Costa Rica where Alcatel-Lucent, the French-American communications company, agreed to pay US $10 million to the Costa Rican State as a compensation for the “social damage” provoked to […]
Desafíos de las Convenciones para el 2010 y la Declaración Anticorrupción de la XIX Cumbre Iberoamericana
The following post has been written by Ximena Salazar, Coordinator for the Anti-Corruption Conventions Programme in the Americas at Transparency International. Estamos comenzando el 2010 y dentro de los desafíos para este año está que comience a operar el mecanismo de seguimiento de la Convención de las Naciones Unidas contra la Corrupción (UNCAC), recientemente aprobado […]
The 2009 Corruption Perceptions Index has been launched. As every year, and maybe more than ever, it stirred a lot of needed debate and attention to the issue of corruption around the world. The attention the index received this year showed that the greed and lack of transparency that were at the heart of the […]
On Friday the 13th, the Doha deal on the UNCAC review mechanism was concluded! (Resolution L9). The deal was adopted by approximately 106 States Parties represented at CoSP3 —another 14 governments were there as observers. It’s a landmark in establishing the first ever UN peer review mechanism. But its not a deal to celebrate — […]
Negotiations on the fourth day of the conference on the UN Convention against Corruption in Doha were long and hard. Governments from the two sides met last night and held discussions until around 2:00 in the morning. However, no final agreement has been found yet. Varying reports about what the draft text for how the […]
- Fighting for workers’ rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina 16 April 2014
- Anti-corruption street art: lend me your wall 15 April 2014
- Arte callejero anticorrupción: Préstame tu pared 15 April 2014
- Bangladesh factory safety in spotlight 10 April 2014
- Haiti: a new anti-corruption law brings hope 7 April 2014
- Teaching integrity in schools: Lessons from Italy 14 March 2014
- Russian money: too big to sanction? 10 March 2014
- Eu to freeze corrupt assets from Ukraine 5 March 2014
- Bosnians demand a change 18 February 2014
- Germany is ready to sign UNCAC – at last 26 February 2014
- μπομπονιερες βαπτισης: I must thank you for the efforts youve put in penn...
- e juice: I think this is one of the most significant info f...
- water damage restoration dallas tx: My spouse and i got excited that Ervin could carr...
- mbt sko salg: Debatten har gått høyt de siste dagene, ...
- Marian Koenigsman: Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blo...