The Czech parliament is currently considering a new law to increase transparency in how political parties are funded. This should have been a reason to celebrate, given that Transparency International Czech Republic and other non-governmental organisations have been working on this for the past two years. But the law could and should have been so [...]
This article has also appeared in the Korean Times and is authored by Kim Geo-sung, Chair of Transparency International, Korea. In many countries around the world, leaders have the right to pardon individuals. In some hands this is a responsible tool used to right a miscarriage of justice. But it can also be a political act that [...]
From Warsaw to Busan, governance is being touted as key to development. But what does this mean for anti-corruption? Transparency International’s Craig Fagan and Benjamin Norsworthy report. December has been a busy time for policy wonks and practitioners who are hectically debating development’s flavor du jour: governance. Heads of state and civil society leaders are [...]
All too often, climate finance initiatives are hampered by waste and corruption. More accountability is needed, argues Cobus de Swardt, Transparency International’s Managing Director. This article was originally published in The Guardian. World leaders meeting for this year’s climate conference in Durban will be under pressure to pool enough new funds to protect people from [...]
While a new deal on climate change is being debated in South Africa, another event in South Korea is trying to set a new course to make aid more effective. Craig Fagan, Senior Policy Coordinator at Transparency International, reports from the Fourth High Level Forum on Aid Effectiveness. Part of this new agenda is making [...]
Rachel Fisch, Projects and Administration Manager at TI-Israel, talks about the movement towards more transparency and ethics in Israel’s sports organisations. While FIFA have promised to act on Transparency International’s recommendations, Transparency International Israel is also working on transparency and ethics in Israeli sport. We just held a conference that evoked a great deal of interest in the [...]
One of the articles in TI’s Global Corruption Report: Climate Change focused on lacking transparency in Hungarian policies on carbon trading. In this post, Ada Amon, director of Hungarian climate policy think tank ENERGIAKLUB reacts to that article and discusses heavily lobbied sectors can be made more accountable. Good governance is a common good, and [...]
Today Transparency International publishes its report on the transparency of oil and gas companies. The report shows that the majority of companies do not reveal payments to governments in countries where the extract oil and gas. A good example for what this means in practice is Libya: A quarter of the country’s economy come from [...]
Cobus de Swardt, Managing Director at Transparency International, reflects on the G20, the historic events in the Middle East, and social media and transparency at the 2011 Davos meeting: Looking back, I was struck that there was no longer a great sense of urgency about the economic crisis. Even though the G20 was on the [...]
Crossposting from the Accountability2.0 blog, a blog started at the 13th International Anti-Corruption Conference looking at how social media has changed how we are fighting corruption. Are citizens changing the rule of the game? This year, the International Anti-Corruption Conference has not only a session, but a whole stream focussing on a wide range of [...]
- Thanks, British taxpayer! Thanks Royal Bank of Scotland 22 May 2013
- UNCAC Coalition asks UN meeting to take action for transparency and accountability 22 May 2013
- Les héros de la lutte contre la corruption : une interview avec Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 16 May 2013
- No defence for corruption in defence procurement 15 May 2013
- Anti-corruption heroes: an interview with Gregory Ngbwa Mintsa 15 May 2013
- How to set up an offshore company in 10 minutes 9 April 2013
- Venezuela: The State as Election Campaign Headquarters 28 March 2013
- #offshoreleaks: 21st Century Journalism at its best 4 April 2013
- Iraq’s corruption legacy 3 April 2013
- Time to wake up Trinidad & Tobago: the Jack Warner affair 14 May 2013
- natural cellulite treatment: Have you ever considered about adding a little bit...
- Maya: When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify...
- omniahefeny: مركز كالتكس لاباده ومكافحه ...
- andrés: In Argentina, the capital of corruption!! http:...
- Clarissa: When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify...
Follow @anticorruption on Twitter