A partir de mañana (Oct. 22) un grupo de representantes de gobiernos y expertos que pertenecen al Grupo de Acción Financiera (GAFI) – la Organización líder en materia de políticas contra el lavado de dinero a nivel global – se encontrará en París. La agenda incluye la adopción de un documento sobre un tema de […]
Starting tomorrow a group of government officials and experts belonging to the world’s leading anti-money laundering organisation – the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) – will be meeting in Paris. On the agenda is the adoption of a document on an issue that has major implications for the fight against crime, corruption and tax evasion […]
It’s the blockbuster policy book of the year: Thomas Piketty’s weighty Capital in the 21st Century, a 600 plus-page analysis of the scale and perils of rising inequality. As Piketty argues, wealth and return on capital are growing faster than the overall economy and income from labour. Making matters worse, labour income is becoming increasingly […]
The G20 is making progress in the fight against corruption. However for all the talk, the representatives of the world’s leading economies are not setting the bar high enough. From our point of view, unless the G20 mandates and enforces greater corporate transparency, corrupt public officials, gangsters, drug dealers and terrorists will continue to misuse […]
The use of shell companies to mask the true owners of assets is still on top of the political agenda and interest in the issue continues to grow. This week the UK government announced further details of its plan to implement a public registry of company ownership. This is important because shell companies can facilitate […]
From one corruption fighting organisation to another, hats off to Global Witness. Founder Charmian Gooch and her colleagues have been recognised for their stellar efforts to highlight the damage done by corrupt practices in the extractives sector. In her award winning TED talk, Gooch highlighted the role of ‘the facilitators’ – global banks and global […]
As the Crimea crisis has developed, there have been calls to freeze Russian and Ukrainian assets in the UK. Russian money is unusual for two reasons. First, the sheer volume. Secondly, because there have been persistent allegations that a substantial proportion of it is dirty money – gained through organised crime and corruption in a […]
What does the future hold for the fight against corruption? Recently, three books have been written seeking to answer this question, helping to plot the course of the anti-corruption movement for the years to come. Laurence Cockcroft: Global Corruption: Money, Power, and Ethics in the Modern World One of the co-founders of Transparency International, Laurence […]
The arrest in China of four GlaxoSmithKline executives on charges of bribery highlights an important reality that companies ignore at their peril. As we have seen in other areas, most notably in financial crime or money laundering, the ways and means of committing a criminal act can and do evolve. A trench-coated operative wearing dark […]
The UK Government has announced that transparency and anti-corruption will be key elements at the G8 summit this year. Much needed action on money laundering provides an opportunity to live up to that promise. Corrupt money flows through the UK – in particular through our financial services industry. Nobody knows how much, but it is […]
- El lavado de dinero: un tema clave que no puede dejarse sólo a los expertos 21 October 2014
- Money-laundering: too important to leave to the experts alone 21 October 2014
- Thuli Madonsela: Corruption eats away at the soul of the nation 17 October 2014
- “Perspectives from the North” – corruption lessons for the Czech Republic 14 October 2014
- الوصول إلى المعلومات: فعل جماعيّ، أصوات جماعيّة 14 October 2014
- Piketty: Diagnosing inequality and prescribing a dose of anti-corruption 25 August 2014
- G20 Meets to Act on Corporate Taxes – But More Needed on Corruption 18 September 2014
- Judiciary the weakest link in Cambodia’s Integrity System 29 September 2014
- Philippines: Stories from the fight against corruption 12 September 2014
- Working together to stop fake agricultural products in Uganda 28 August 2014
- Nicholas Griffin: Well done Transparency International (Cambodia) fo...
- Colin Peters: Here in the United Kingdom our problems concerning...
- Another exposure of why governments need to protect their citezens in Cambodia | 201010blog: […] Read the full article here… [̷...
- “No Impunity” Needs to be the Rule for Corrupt Politicians and Corporations | Frank Vogl: […] of this article appeared on the website ...
- frank williams: Girlks, what you doing is great but do NOT under a...
Latest news from Transparency International
Error: Feed is temporarily unavailable