Desde evasión fiscal hasta acuerdos entre gobiernos y criminales, fueron muchos los temas de los trabajos que ganaron este año el Premio Latinoamericano de Periodismo de Investigación. Premio que otorgan Transparency International y el Instituto Prensa y Sociedad (IPYS). A principios de esta semana, un teatro en Río de Janeiro sirvió de escenario para la […]
From tax evasion to deals between gangsters and governments, a wide range of corruption and topics of public interest were covered in the winning pieces of this year’s Latin American Investigative Journalism Awards, organised by Transparency International and Instituto Prensa y Sociedad (Press and Society Institute, IPYS). Earlier this week, a Rio de Janeiro theatre […]
This blog post was written by Paola Palacios, Programme Coordinator of the Initiative for the Institutional Strengthening of Social Programmes (IPRO) and Monserrat Hernández, Project Consultant for IPRO at Transparencia Mexicana, the National Chapter of Transparency International in Mexico. Mexico is the second biggest economy in Latin America and growing steadily. Yet, despite its economic […]
The Organization of American States (OAS) is a leading regional body for the countries of North, Central and South America as well as the Caribbean. Since its founding in 1948, it has been forerunner in the fight against corruption in member states and produced the first international agreement to fight corruption: The Inter-American Convention against […]
Arms trafficking; clandestine landing runways; large cargos that cross borders and are not detected; empty new buildings; bullets shot between rival gangs; impunity when violating the law. These suspicious activities and crimes occur in Latin America on a daily basis, and are even more virulent in Central America. Criminal activities make the lives of Central […]
In Latin America, whistleblowing has become a crucial issue in the fight against corruption. The term refers to those who report to the authorities or other responsible parties when they witness wrongdoing. Whistleblowing is often a valuable means of shedding light on instances of corruption and malpractice that may otherwise slip beneath the radar. But […]
I was quite impressed when I heard that Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff concluded her first year in government a few days ago with an approval rating higher than that of her predecessor, the charismatic Lula da Silva. Her popularity is currently close to 75 percent. Her government’s approval is at 56 percent, which is even […]
Alejandro Salas is the Regional Director for the Americas at Transparency International. The following article was first published on Fox News Latino. December 9, declared as International Anti-Corruption Day by the United Nations in 2003, should be a day of concern and reflection for every citizen around the world. We are all affected, in one […]
Transparency International’s Senior Programme Coordinator for Central America, Andrés Hernández, discusses efforts to strengthen anti-corruption measures in the region in advance of the Second Central America and Dominican Republic Forum for Transparency, taking place in San José, Costa Rica, 2-3 November 2011.
In Latin America police corruption is endemic. According to figures released in the TI Global Corruption Barometer 2010, two out of every ten Latin-Americans interviewed had paid a bribe in the previous 12 months. So it comes as little surprise that two colleagues who work in the Transparency International Secretariat have confronted situations of this […]
- Teaching integrity in schools: Lessons from Italy 14 March 2014
- Fighting corruption from the classroom 13 March 2014
- Guatemala: La elección de Magistrados al Tribunal Supremo Electoral – ¿basada en méritos o en intereses particulares? 12 March 2014
- Guatemala Superior Electoral Court elections: swayed by merit or particular interests? 12 March 2014
- Time to stop secret contracts 11 March 2014
- Russian money: too big to sanction? 10 March 2014
- Money up in the air? Corruption in Yemen’s gas sector 13 February 2014
- Inside Ukraine’s protests 14 February 2014
- Champion for women’s rights in Pakistan 3 March 2014
- Can children lead the fight against corruption? 6 February 2014
- art gallery in kolkata: Its really a great blog with high quality material...
- art gallery in kolkata: Contact Us at : www.janusartgallery.com...
- Bogdana: My sincery congrats about yoire innovative anticor...
- Yuriko Trosper: I have to show my admiration for your kind-hearted...
- Narayan Manandhar: Sajjad, congratulations for your efforts....