The conviction of a high-ranking Chinese official for corruption and the continuing reports of alleged sexual favours as part of the ongoing scandal involving drugmaker GlaxoSmithKline in China, exposes gaps in the anti-corruption legislation in the country. The high profile corruption case against China’s former minister of railways Liu Zhijun is being heralded as proof […]
In late March, a French court ordered an investigation into alleged abuses of power by IMF chief Christine Lagarde during her time as a French finance minister and her involvement in the payment of compensation to businessman Bernard Tapie. Investigators opened an inquiry into possible charges of “complicity to embezzlement of public funds” and “complicity […]
Originally published 21 May 2013 on UNCAC coalition On Thursday 30 May 2013, UNCAC Coalition civil society representatives will gather in Vienna at the United Nations to call for more government transparency and accountability and an end to impunity for corruption crimes. During the whole week of 27 May, the UN is holding a “governments […]
An interview with Executive Director Galia Sagi and Project Coordinator Ido Feder about the working methods of Transparency International Israel, opportunities and challenges in the fight against corruption. Transparency International Israel was founded in 1999. Was there a specific reason? Galia Sagi: Transparency Israel was founded by Prof. Dov Izraeli. Lecturing at the Faculty of […]
Following days of intense public and media pressure, Spain’s governing Popular Party finally announced that it will investigate the financial activities of former treasurer, Luís Bárcenas, who the national court (La Audiencia Nacional) allege has accumulated an unexplained €22 million in Swiss bank accounts. On top of this, media reports state that during Bárcenas’ time […]
Governmental and UN representatives responsible for enforcement of the 2003 UN Convention against Corruption met in Vienna two months ago to discuss the process for reviewing implementation of anti-corruption measures. Below is an excerpt of a speech that Ifthekar Zaman, Executive Director of TI Bangladesh, gave. Like many other TI Chapters around the world we […]
The world will wonder whether Germany is not committed to the fight against corruption, even though only the United States has prosecuted more companies for bribing foreign officials, as required by the international convention they have signed: the OECD anti-bribery Convention.
Slowly but steadily the review teams in the UNCAC review process are completing reports covering the countries in the first year – those under review since July 2010. Of the expected twenty-six first year reports, nine have been completed according to published information. UNODC advises that several more reports are in the pipeline and that […]
The UN anti-corruption conference CoSP4 was the largest of its kind to date. The results were disappointing, writes Gillian Dell, Global Programmes Manager at Transparency International. The fourth session of the UNCAC Conference of States Parties that met in Marrakech in October 2011 (CoSP4) was the biggest ever – with over 1500 delegates from 125 […]
The following is an excerpt from an article published by Al Jazeera. As Tahrir Square fills up again with angry, disillusioned and disappointed citizens, those in power in the Arab world and those who wish to gain power through the ballot box in 2012 should ask themselves one question: How can the next generation of […]
- Colombia – un gran paso hacia la cultura de la transparencia 24 April 2014
- Colombia: a major step forward towards the culture of transparency 24 April 2014
- Time for action: Lebanese citizens against corruption 22 April 2014
- Fighting for workers’ rights in Bosnia and Herzegovina 16 April 2014
- Anti-corruption street art: lend me your wall 15 April 2014
- Russian money: too big to sanction? 10 March 2014
- Teaching integrity in schools: Lessons from Italy 14 March 2014
- Eu to freeze corrupt assets from Ukraine 5 March 2014
- Germany is ready to sign UNCAC – at last 26 February 2014
- Champion for women’s rights in Pakistan 3 March 2014
- Davina Branaman: We stumbled over here from a different web page an...
- The Ethical Alliance – Lebanon: Lebanese Citizens Against Corruption: […] The original aricle can be found at blo...
- Thomasena Vanvolkinburg: I know this if off topic but I'm looking into sta...
- Lizeth Anslinger: Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your...
- News from Transparency International | C Suite Mentors Nest: […] the blog: Time for action: Lebanese cit...